What a wonderful, anxious, whirlwind, perfect, happy day!
Well, as I suspected would happen, Ms. Priss never did turn from the breech position. My original date for the section was Monday, November 3rd. I had my last weekly appointment on Wednesday the 29th. I have one sweet doctor and he obliged to do it on Saturday, November 1st. I figured the weekend was better for all of my family, the girls wouldn't miss school, and frankly I was ready to give Liza her eviction notice. In my previous deliveries I chose to let mother nature be the boss, but since this wasn't a conventional delivery, I said to heck with it. I was worried that I would go into labor and have to have not so emergent emergency C-section =)
I text Joey and told him no football for you on Saturday. He said he would ask if they could have a TV in the delivery room.... kidding of course.
Friday night was a whirlwind as it was Halloween and we cannot miss out on trick or treat! But that was okay, I needed to keep my mind off it. Deedy spent the night to take care of the big girls. We checked in at FGH on Saturday am at 5:30.
They put me in the L&D recovery room (I was the inly one in there) where they started an IV (who knew I was such a hard stick?), gave me fluids, and monitored the baby. The doctor and CRNA came by to go over me. At this point I was really nervous and had the shakes really bad! I was never like this when I had my other girls! Something about it being scheduled just made it worse for me. I would prefer to just go into labor. Joey was a sweetheart and did all he could to make me comfortable. My parents, Deedy, and the girls got there not long before it was time for me to go back to the OR. Seeing their excited faces made everything better.
Then it was time to go back. I was not excited about the spinal. It took longer than I thought it should and it took them a while to get me numb as high as the wanted it to be. But I did eventually become numb. The doctor came in and got started, we laughed and small talked. Someone made the comment that this was going to be a small baby and was I sure I was term. I thought oh my, they forgot to let Joey in! But they assured me they hadn't forgotten and they would let him in in a few minutes (did I really think they would forget). At this point I became really nauseated and got sick... right in time for Joey to come in. I was happy to see him. Everyone looks the same with surgery masks on. When I turned around and saw his eyebrows... I knew that was my guy =) He looked so excited and nervous. He asked me 5,000 times if I was ok, was I hurting, what's wrong.
I don't know how long it was from here, but I think it was just minutes until the doctor said "Here she is! It is definitely a girl! Oh! She is tee teeing! And poo pooing! Look at all that hair! All I can see is Joey who is grinning from ear to ear but I couldn't hear any crying! I asked if she was okay and they said she was perfect. They brought her around so I could see her before they cleaned her up. She looked big! I told them "see, that is not a small baby"!
Liza weighed 7lb 13 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She was born November 1st at 8am. She was bigger than my other girls (Josie was 7 lb 3oz and Colbie 7lb 2oz). Joey brought her over to me and she was crying. He put her up to my face and she got very quiet. It was so sweet. Everytime he took her away from my face, she cried. It is just amazing. Wow. I was afraid it would be different this time, but not at all. Instant love. The type of love you cannot experience anywhere else. Joey told me she had a big dimple and that she looked like Josie.
At this point, Joey and the nursery nurse escorted her to the nursery while the doctor finished up. I heard they let the girls in the nursery to watch the bath and they were just so tickled. Joey got to show her to the family and they all watched through the nursery window. Brad, Janice and RJ were there to welcome her, too. I had terrible rib (or the rib area) pain right after that that they say happens with a spinal. I was so happy to go back to recovery room and love on my baby and see my family.
Joey came in first and sat with me a few minutes while we got situated and I wasn't hurting so bad. Then, I was ready to see the girls and he went and got them. They got to hold her and were grinning ear to ear. Josie was so gentle with her and could have held her all day long. They let the rest of the family in everyone got their turn. What a happy day.
After a lied flat a while, they wheeled me to my room. Joey and Paw Paw made sure it was okay if they watched the football games on mute =) More visiting and loving on sweet baby went on the rest of the day. She checked out just perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment