Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Happy 3 months Liza!!


This precious thing turned 3 months over the weekend!


Our appointment with Liza's neurologist could not have gone any better. He was surprised at how awesome she is doing. In fact, he told us had we asked him what she would be like today while we were at Batson, he would have never guessed she would look this good. He said he did not recognize this "huge" baby and referred to her as a diva (she did put on the dramatics while he was examining her)  =) We will see him back in May with an EEG and will hopefully come off of the seizure medication at that time. We were never sure she had any seizures, but it has been a precautionary. We were told initially that she would be on it beyond her first birthday, so this was good news to us. He is anxious as well to see what the MRI will show that is scheduled for June. There is still no explanation as to why she bled and where exactly the bleed originated. He said she is just cruising along as far her milestones go! Her head control may not be just perfect, but he was not concerned and said she will catch up. He also saw no more left sided weakness or facial asymmetry.



Speaking of milestones... she started using her hands to bat and grab her toys over the weekend. And guess what side she is using... the LEFT. The side that they expected "severe motor problems" on. In fact, she prefers to use the left side for now. She is real close to laughing but right now it comes out like a fast cough. Very cute, by the way.


"I showed ya'll"!


This baby get lots of lovin. She has Joey and I wrapped around her tiny little finger. If you have seen us lately, we are grinning ear to ear. We are so gracious. We still have to see the pediatric opthamologist in a couple weeks due to her eyes being crossing at times. It is not all of the time, but it is pretty bad when they do and we have been told it is probably effecting her vision. This goes along with her injury.

Thank ya'll for the continued prayers. Some people have asked specifically what to pray for, and I am going to go all out... please pray for total healing! I am more optimistic than ever right now. At one time I did not think it was possible, but Miss Liza has taught me a thing or two.

1 comment:

Jennp1751 said...

She is gorgeous and I'm so glad she had a good checkup. I'm sure that took away a lot of your worry!!