Thursday, February 19, 2009

Knock, Knock

Who's there? Thats what it feels like in my belly...a knock knock joke. Every time I lay down or sit at the computer, I feel a tap, tap! I think she is saying "mommy, I'm still in here!" Thanks for reminding me - as if the bulging belly and bipolar attitude is not enough! I think I have had pretty mild pregnancy symptoms so far, but this week has felt like a good case of PMS. They say that's normal, right? It seems like every car decides to pull out in front of me, every person I encounter gives me a weird look, and little noises get on my nerves. Then Koko relieves herself on my new rug after she had been let out by me and Joey 2 times during the night... I need some Lithium!

But anyway... back to the boxing match in my belly. I thought I felt the first kick at about 17 weeks. It became more and more consistent and now I feel it all day long! I love it. Being I haven't been the sickly pregnant person, it makes it all finally feel so real. And everyone who knows Joey knows patience is not his best virtue and his ADD gets the best of him. He likes to feel my belly for about 5 seconds every hour...if she doesn't kick within that 5 second window...it's back to Joey Land. An hour later, he's back again. I didn't say he wasn't persistant! He even told me once, "You never tell me when the baby is kicking (sounds just like me, right?), you get to feel it all the time." So now I am obligated to announce each time I feel the knock, knock! And he is usually there a second later, where he'll feel the kick and get that proud, goofy smile. I love that boy - impatient, ADD, and all. His head is going to swell to the size of Asia when this baby girl arrives.

I finally can say we are on the downhill slope and couldn't be happier. I passed the half way mark. About a week ago, I woke up and my belly seemed like it multiplied by 20 over night. BAM! YOUR PREGNANT! Joey even referred to it as a "gut," which I found incredibly romantic. Don't they have a book for first time daddys of what to say and what not to say to expecting mothers? Can Joey borrow it? I have been blessed so far not to have the sexy black line down my stomach, but I have exerienced an even more sexy red, bumpy rash that comes and goes on my belly. Never figured out where it came from - so I just put it into the "weird things that happen when your pregnant" file. Why not? I never had acne, but currently have Mt. Everest on my forehead. And then some foothills along the jaw line. All this is minor compared to what's going on inside, though. And oh yes - baby girl is doing toe-touches as I speak - guess she wants me to tell you all Hello!

No comments: