Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!




I have asked Joey many, many times in the 3 years we have lived in this house to edge along the driveway. I have asked, I have hinted, I have insisted, and it just never happened. His excuse was always that he did not have an edger. Since he has lots of toys and could easily go to Lowe's and get one, and my dad has one about 2 miles down the street, I knew that was not the real reason he never edges. I was pleasantly suprised yesterday when he called my dad to borrow his (and the weed eater since he broke ours), and came home and spent hours in the yard. It was definately worth a picture... so I snatched one. And, no, he does not normally wear the gas station straw hat, but he picked 12 noon to do yard work, and had to pull out the ole doo rag (how do u spell doo rag, and what does the doo stand for?) so he could see through the sweat. Proof that persistance does pay off! Oh Happy Day!!

1 comment:

Jennp1751 said...

Can you please tell me what worked with Joey because our grass is HORRID!!! It hasn't been cut since the yard sale! I'm super excited about our trip to NOLA in a couple of months :)