Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mini Vacay!!

Last weekend, my parents treated Josie and I to a quick trip to the beach. I guess we didn't get our beaching out of us with the oil spill and all, and Joey was in St. Louis for work. We only had a day and a half there, but it was lots of fun and relaxing. The weather was beautiful, and I have never seen the water so clear. It was only about knee deep, and there were crabs, fish, and even stingrays! Josie loves the pool, but is not too wild about the sand. She was getting more used to it by Saturday afternoon, but unfortunately we had to leave on Sunday to get back to reality =(

On the patio having cinnamon rolls for breakfast!


Josie and Paw Paw



Let me explain...


Ever since Josie has been staying with my mom, she has gotten into ants over and over. So my mom decided to invest in some leopard print shoes from the Dollar General that were a couple sizes too big and have lots of coverage. They help keep the ants off. Josie's little feet came up like we were trying to put her on hot coals when we tried to make her stand in the sand! She hated it! So on the Dollar General shoes went! And they did the trick. She still acted like she was walking on a balance beam while in the sand, but she felt much better. I didn't say she was stylish, just comfortable!

Josie and Paw Paw counting the birds. This was oneof her favorite parts of the trip.




Maw Maw found her some seashells, which she thought were really neat.








She got so relaxed eating this plum that she fell asleep. You know I love the sleeping pictures. She still looks like a baby when she sleeps.



Boots and Bathing suit! I have told yall about her shoe fetish. Josie's Deedy sent her a whole box of shoes and books... her two favorite things. She loved these boots, and we even wore them to the pool!! Thank you Deedy!


Thank you Maw Maw and Paw Paw for spoiling us, we are lucky to have you!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Glad you got a quick get away before the end of the summer. RJ says she is jealous of Josie's Uggs :) Love y'all!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Oh she is too precious Katie!! Maggie just liked to eat the sea shells when we were at the beach! We miss seeing Josie at school!!

Morrell Family said...

She is adorable. I love seeing Josie in a swimsuit. Glad ya'll had fun. We need to get together soon.