Monday, May 30, 2011

Making My Nest

Joey and I had a new first last weekend. We said goodbye to our Josie Kate for a whole week! Josie has been a handful the past couple weeks and has been battling ear infections, so I at one time I was really excited about a few days of peace. Then of course about 2 days before she leaves to go to Deedy and Pa's for a week, she turns back into the sweet angel she is! They came to get her Saturday, and I cried like a little baby when they pulled out of the driveway. I have been a few nights without her, but a week was a first for me. And before you think I am a basket case... I am hormonal and I admit it, ok? Ok!! My parents (my babysitters) are going to Nantucket tomorrow, and the Rivers were due a good visit, so it only made sense. So after a long tight hug and some consoling from Joey, he did what any good husband would do... took me for a little retail therapy!!!
We went to his office and did a little decorating first. After buying our contract out from Cellsouth and switching to Verizon, 2 new Iphones, a new mattress, and a calzone from the Magic Tomato, I was back to normal =) I must guiltily admit that I really enjoyed the next 2 days without having to work and to get some things done around the house. Deedy and Pa have sent me a ton of pics and videos (and even a Skype visit) that have made it all much easier. They have been swimming, throwing backyard memorial day parades, swinging, eating cupcakes, and going to the Splash pad. What almost 2 year old wouldn't be in heaven with all of that, plus her Deedy and Pa??? I am glad they have gotten to take her to do some fun summer stuff that I have been too busy and fat, I mean uncomfortable, to do.
Colbie's nursery is really coming together. I have one more thing to add before I will take some pics and put on the blog. I got down all of Josie's newborn-3 months clothes (OMG at the amount) and washed them and placed them in the drawers. We also washed and out together the carseat, swing, bouncy seat, and all the newborn stuff that we will need. Now this really got me excited to meet Colbie. It was nice to take some time and just concentrate on her. Joey says that I am sure enough a "mother hen" and I cannot deny it. Being a mother and this whole experience is by far the most exciting and rewarding part of my life so far. I couldn't be happier. 5 more weeks, or less would be nice, and I get to meet the newest addition!

A little photo shoot the day before she left... the many faces of Miss Josie...

Sweet
 


The Model Stare
 


Cheese!
 


Poser
 


The Military Pose
 


So serious
 


Silly
 


Back to the Model stare
 


Just Josie
 


I picked out her dress... who do yout hink picked out her shoes???
 

 
Posted by Picasa


3 more days and I get to see my baby. I am sure this week will go by fast since I will be at work. Thank you Deedy and Pa, it has been a treat for all of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious! I can't wait to see pictures of her with the new baby sis :) I think she will be so sweet with her.

Janice said...

I cannot wait to see Colbie's room. Paw Paw is so ready to see Josie I think he might explode, so you aren't the only one that is missing her :)