Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day to Day Stuff

Have you ever seen anything like this is your life??

My mom says my hair tangled this bad when I was little. It is B-A-D. Luckily, we got some silk pillow cases (thank you Deedy) which has improved the situation. It is not eliminated, but improved. Apparently this day I just decided to clip her bangs back at breakfast time and deal with the bigger issue at hand later in the morning. Please note that Colbie is having Trix yogurt, only, for breakfast. She will not eat cereal with milk, toast, oatmeal, eggs, biscuits, poptarts, cereal bars, breakfast sandwiches, or waffles. Just trix yogurt.

I believe I have mentioned this before, but one of favorite things about having little munchkins is seeing things like this lying around the house.

 
An update on Colbie at almost 2 years, 4 months old:
- I do not think I ever updated that we got rid of the paci over the summer! It wasn't as bad as I expected. She grinds her front teeth, which is causing them to be misshaped, and my fave dentist and sis-in-law told me the paci was not helping the situation. So we bit the bullet and did it cold turkey... No Probelmo!
- I mentioned above how picky of an eater she is. The things she will eat are PBJ, turkey and tomato sandwiches (shocker)!, fruit, yogurt,  chicken nuggets, peas or lima beans, spaghetti, pizza, mac and cheese. Of course she will eat any junk food you offer her but we try to keep that at a minimum. She seems to like Italian food best!
- She was slower to talk than her sister but her talking has really taken off lately. She loves to say the blessing ending with "Me Men" which is also what she says at the end of a book. Some of my favorite things she says right now are "pumpin", Josie and Daisy both sound like "Dothie", Your welcome is "EE Ne Now", thank you "dane doo", she calls Janice "Mimi" for some reason, hot dog "Bot dog", outside "boutside". Usually if you tell her to do something she says "Not yet. Not yet, mommy. Not yet". She also likes to say "Cuz" when you ask her why.
- She is certainly a challenge. When she wants something, she wants it now. She goes from happy to ticked off in no time. I believe some of her demanding ways stem from being hungry all the time because she is so dang picky!
-Loves to go Bye Bye! Always has!
- She was a good sleeper until he moved in our new house in April. I could always lie her in her crib awake and she would go to sleep and sleep all night. Well that all went down the drain. She ended in the bed with us for a while because this mama didn't have the drive to deal with sleep issues and go to work the next day. We tried transferring her crib to a toddler bed but that didn't work either. You know what did work? Letting her sleep in the queen size bed in the guest room. And we do what works. She messed up my whole plan I had for the new house, but sleep wins for this mama. We may make that her permanent room. We read a book every night, and I lay with her until she falls asleep which isn't too long. I don't mind that part... but hollering out at 2am "Mommy! Ere are oo?" until I come is another issue. Oh well. This too shall pass.
- She naps about 1.5 - 2 hours after lunch. She has been trying to pull one over on my mom and skip a nap but my mom is no pushover. Maw Maw has won all but one time!
- We have not started potty training. I know it's time to at least try. We started on Josie at this time, but Colbie really doesn't seem ready to me. We will see. She wears a size 4 diaper.

 
Colbie decided to get comfy on the top cushion with her notepad and pen.

Poor, Pitiful little thing.

 
Sweet Josie!


Cowgirl day at school!

 Josie at 4 years old:
- She is doing so good at school this year! She hasn't cried one day at school and loves to learn
- She is in a size 4 dress, 9.5-10 shoe. She is a skinny little squirt so when we buy skirts or shorts we buy a 3T. I think she weighed 34 lbs the last time she was weighed.
- Finally a good eater! Her favorites are cheeseburgers, fruit, and gum of course!
- I think she is an artist! I know I am partial but I think she can draw really good!
- She loves to sing. Luckily, her mommy knows lots of songs and riddles so we sing often.
- She is so tenderhearted and doesn't want to disappoint anyone
- She always thanks God for Abraham when we say the blessing.
- She has excellent manners - please, thank you, yes mam/sir
- She is very observant of what girls are wearing. Nothing gets by her. If I change while she is at school, it is the 1st thing she points out. Too bad this mommy needs a wardrobe overhaul or makeover in general.
- She has a really funny sense of humor, and Joey and I see ourselves in her all of the time. We are all extremely goofy and think the silliest stuff is funny.


Update on Me :
- I am off on Fridays!! Yaaaay! It is unbelievable how much one extra day off makes a difference. I'll take an extra day with my girls anytime. I am thankful for a flexible boss and husband!
- I got a new computer today! I am going to try my best to blog more often so I don't have to do these marathon blogs. Now I have to figure out an easy way get my Iphone pictures... I know there has got to be!
 
More posts below! Happy Fall Ya'll!!

No comments: