Pa and Deedy left on Thursday night, and we decided to visit the Miami zoo on the last day. It was a fun but HOT decision. The grounds are beautiful. This is a very spread out zoo, and I was concerned about premature labor a few times =) The giraffes have always been a favorite of Josie's.
Best $10 I ever spent...
These African elephants were a reddish color.
Now feeding the giraffes was something special. The girls were in awe. They were a little hesitant at first, but everyone got to feed them some lettuce.
Ice cream break! I do not think I have ever seen Josie concentrate as hard as she did on that ice cream on such a hot day!
We visited the gift shop on the way out. Josie picked a huge, soft stuffed giraffe (we now have 3) and Colbie picked a hard, anatomically accurate elephant figurine. Just typical.
Josie drew the fam...
"Roar"!!!
When we got back to the hotel that night, we had to hit up some fresh guacamole and fajitas again!
We were almost a week in at this point, and we had two exhausted little girls. They were so incredibly sweet the entire trip, and I always remember this trip as my favorite. We considered leaving thee girls home... and I am so glad we did not. I am thankful we got to spend some big girl time with them before the baby gets here. It was our last trip of an awesome summer. This was the first summer that was "easy"... and I know that is about to change for a little while. 5 and 3 are such fun ages... can go with the flow but still my babies.
We left at 2am on Friday morning and headed home. We stopped twice to eat and use the bathroom and that was it in 12 hours! They slept more on the way home and did not complain at all. Joey and I, however, were delirious. We laughed at this half the way home... it didn't take much at that point!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment