Saturday, August 16, 2014

Key Biscayne Part 1

We spent the next 3 days basically swimming in the pool, playing at the beach, eating some delicious food, and Joey and I even had a date night!
 
Our first full day in Key Biscayne we hit the pool. It was beautiful and the girls were excited to sport their shades.
 

 
There were huge iguanas everywhere! There was one that perched above the waterfall at the pool and we called him the Lifeguard. The girls looked forward to iguana hunting everyday.



 
I love relaxed Joey =)


 
Deedy and Pa kept the girls one night. We ventured off the resort and had dinner outside with a view of downtown Miami. It was beautiful. 



 
The girls had a picnic on the balcony everyday.

 
Sun-kissed Colbie loves her some coca cola classic! That is probably the only reason she likes to go out to eat... I let her have a coke. 
 
This is out of place, but it was my sushi on our date night!

 
There was a lot of seaweed on the beach the first day, but it cleared up by the second day.


 
Pa loves his girls!!

 
Outside our favorite restaurant...Cantina Beach. It was the best Mexican food I have ever had!! We ate there twice and I had the fajitas. They also come to your table and make you fresh guacamole and had a Tequilia expert providing samples. Joey sampled and I wished I could! 

 
Vacations wear out the littlest.





 
Of course the pool was the girl's favorite part!

 
On our way to go night swimming!

 
I have never been to a beach on the east coast. The water is SALTY and burns your eyes, so we could not always last long. But the water was beautiful.

 
Another fancy picnic...




 
Joey and I stalked out a house that was used in part of the Scarface movie. Remember Michelle Pfeifer coming down the glass elevator in her backless dress? That was this house. 

 
This sweet girl finally found some spaghetti a few nights in. She would not let me cut it up... she pushed my fork away because she did not have time for that... she ate 2 plates. 

 
Look what Josie found on our beach walk... a starfish!!!

 
Those 3 days at the resort were my favorite part of the trip. No agenda, just family time. It was also nice to spend some time with Joey's parents and enjoy their company. I am thankful we all got to experience something new together. More pics to come!

No comments: