Sunday, September 11, 2016

Building our nest!

So, this happened in 2015 as well.  Joey and I had been kicking the tires on moving to a new house. We didn't have Liza when we bought our last house, and felt like we could use a little more space.  We liked the idea of Sumrall schools... but we couldn't find anything we loved within the district. 

While doing our ride around one afternoon, we saw a lot for sale in a neighborhood we had always loved.  The more we thought about the lot... the more excited we got. It was in this great neighborhood that is in OG but you can choose Sumrall schools. It was on the water. It seemed meant to be!

BUT! Things don't work out that easy. The lot had been for sale a while, but low and behold the day we put in an offer, they got another offer that was better. Go figure. We were so disappointed!

But Joey don't back down that easy. We went on a HUNT to find a different lot on the water! Long story short... we found that a girl I knew back in high school had a lot but had moved out of town. She was just hanging on to it but was willing to sell it to us. We are so thankful for this sweet girl!

Then, we said we would sit on it a year or two, save up and build. 

I don't know how well y'all know Joey Rivers but patience is not his best virtue. Next thing I knew, the spot was cleared, a builder was hired, he and dad were clearing out trees to give us a better view of the water, and the foundation was poured.

OOPS! I think we just started building a house!!















The home building process was not near as bad as I excepted. We had the best, sweetest builder around who walked us through the process with no hiccups. I never imagined that I would be building a house and picking out all of the little details... but I have a simple taste and it came pretty easy.  More pics to come at a later time!

No comments: