Friday, January 6, 2017

Off to Cabo we go...

Cabo anyone?

Last spring we visited Los Cabos, San Lucas. This is a quiet, quaint little town about 20 minutes from the popular Cabo San Lucas. We had our friends Brett & Jasmine, and Jay & Marae there which always makes a trip even more fun!

The terrain in Cabo was different from other parts of Mexico I have seen... very desert-like! It was pretty in a different way that the lush parts... but beautiful none the less!



The resort was big and beautiful. Unfortunately the surf is too rough to do any swimming on the beach, but it made for a wonderful, relaxing view for a week!





I know I have said this before but vacation Joey is SO FUN!

Jay, Brett and Joey. Brett always have the spf 100, full coverage hat, and swim shirt covered.


View from the lobby



The breakfast buffet was unreal! I had this french toast every morning for a week and had the lbs to prove it when we returned.



Dinner at the steak house on the resort. Joey had been at the pool indulging all day and had "indigestion" that evening so I had to go to dinner stag. You could imagine how much heck he caught for this.



Couches in the pool.... ok!! I will sit there!

Dinner at the hibachi. Fun night with Brett and Jasmine.  I received an awful text in the early morning hours after this night. Brett's dad had tragically passed away and they had flown home. It was just terrible. We felt so awful for Brett and wanted to be with him. We felt terrible for being on vacation while he was going through his worst nightmare. I admit that this definitely shook us up and it was hard to fully enjoy ourselves the rest of week. We tried to make the best of it, but our hearts were with Brett and his family. 



We had already made plans to take the bus to Cabo San Lucas the next day, so we followed through with Jay and Marae. 

It was a beautiful beach! We walked to a restaurant called "The Office" which is directly on the beach. There was tables in the sand with blue umbrellas that make a make shift ceiling. The food was delicious, and they of course had a 3 man band serenading us.

At the beach near The Office



We rented jet skis off the beach to go see the infamous Lovers Arch!









We then walked around downtown and took it all in...

When you see a sign like this you just have to partake...




We also did a whale watching excursion later  on the week. Cabo is known for the whale watching and it was one of my top things I wanted to do while there!

Five minutes in we saw the tail of one whale, and spent the rest of the time looking. I was solo disappointed. It was on my bucket list! 


We did get to see some beautiful scenery, though. Look at all the seals! They were so playful and would get so close!


Toward the end of the week, we did something a little different. We asked one of the resort staff where the best food in Los Cabos was and he sent us to a cute little place downtown with Jay and Marae. The food was good and it was just what you except a local Mexican restaurant to look like.



They were having a fair across the street and Jay was not leaving until we visited. I am not sure if this fair is always there but it kinda seemed like it was. It was cute. Joey wanted some churros and they were oh so sinful and good!







On our last afternoon, Joey and I had lunch by the ocean and then visited downtown Los Cabos. They were having an art fair and their downtown was the cutest thing. It was very safe, clean, and eccentric.

This church was beautiful! 



We assumed this dog ran the church because he acted like it was his home. He walked us through it and then escorted us out like a good host.

A view of the resort from the pool.

Other than the ordeal with Brett and his dad, this trip was one of a lifetime. I would like to go again under different circumstances, because it really is such a unique place! It was a fun week but there is nothing like seeing your babies after a long trip!

Adios Cabo!

No comments: