Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Are you pregnant? Or just fat?"

This is one of the few entertaining questions I have been asked at work. It was an elderly lady, and I was a bit shocked she asked. So I quickly said, "I'm just fat," just to watch her squirm. However, she didn't squirm. Just leaned back in her chair and smirked. Of course I couldn't leave it at that, I told her I was kidding. I'll cut her some slack, she was pretty old and she probably knew I wasn't just fat.
The next question I put into the awkward category. "What were you doing when you got pregnant?" Although I can laugh at it now, I was not amused at the time. And he was not elderly, so I did not cut him any slack. I simply told him that was not an appropriate comment. It didn't stop him from hitting on the other nurse on his way out... with comments I shouldn't post on my blog to keep this PG rated! How rude!
The third question came from my manager. He has claimed from the beginning that I am having a midgit, because my belly is not very big. So I was in the break room enjoying my second helping of lunch, when he said "What do you feed a midgit? Is it a special diet?" Being he is not a huge guy, and I probably weighed more than him pre-pregnancy, I popped back, "I don't know... what did your mom eat when she was pregnant with you?" HA! Got him!
Maybe everyone has learned not to mess with the preganant chick! Tomorrow will be 30 weeks. I cannot believe it. That's 10 weeks to get meaner!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm sorry that people are so rude. I used to tell people I was just fat too! And you don't look fat, you definitely look pregnant, and very cute pregnant might I add!