Tuesday, November 10, 2009

4 months old!


I forgot to do a post a couple weeks ago when we went to the doctor for our 4 month check up! Everything went great. He still wants us to go to therapy twice a week for her neck, but said he has seen alot of improvement. He did let us know that her case was one of the worse cases he has seen =(... but that her prognosis is excellent and that it will go away with time! Music to our ears! On the other hand... the poor child has a head in the 90th percentile (and he had to add that that was not helping the issue)at 16 7/8 in. Her weight was in the 70th at 13 llb 14 oz, and her length in the 80th at 24 7/8 inches. I think I got all of that right... I kinda got side tracked when he got to talking about her head with that little grin on his face. He also gave the ok for rice cereal with a spoon. He said that if she did not seem interested, wait a week and try again (she was not quite 4 months). I was sooooo excited to give it to her. Being the healthy baby she is, I figured she would slurp it right up. However, she ended up having to stay with my mom for a few days because we found out Joey had the flu. I could not wait until the weekend to try it out. Josie was not as quite as excited. I expected her to at least push it out with her tongue. There was no swallow, no spit, no smile, no expression. She just stared at me like "what the heck?" I tried another spoon full, and it just sat on top of the first spoon full. Needless to say, I do not think she was too interested that night. I am going to try again, but every night after she gets back from school she is so grouchy and worn out. But I will try again this weekend for sure, and maybe she'll act a little more excited!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love the first picture. She is just so beautiful!!!!

Janice said...

Look at how pretty Miss Josie is in that top picture :) She gets prettier every time I see her.

Morrell Family said...

That is a precious picture.

Donna Rivers said...

She is sooo stinkin sweet. Every time I look at that sweet little face, my heart just gets bigger. Unfortunately, big heads run in the Rivers family, so she got that part from her daddy. Can't wait to see her again.

Willcutt Family Blog said...

She is gorgeous, Katie! I love the new picture!