Sunday, March 21, 2010

Munk Munks

Today was a one of those "milestone" birthdays for my mom. I won't go spouting out numbers or anything like that... but I will say she does not look her age! Brad and Janice had the excellent idea to surprise her on Saturday with a day trip. We had to pick out a place that was kid friendly, so we picked her up and told her we were headed to the Audobon zoo. She has always loved New Orleans, but never gets to go. The weather turned out beautiful and we all had a blast being outside and spending time together. The girls were so sweet the whole time.

I wanted to get a picture of the my parents with the girls, but Josie was too consumed with the Chimpanzees to turn around. Oh well.


Is that Joey?


For those who don't know, I have three older brothers. I'm the baby and only girl. So I may have been a daddys girl, just a hair. He and I always called my brothers "munk munks". He would tell people "I would trade all the munk munks for my dumplin pie". Heehee. Ryleigh has learned to say "Hey Josie!" The teachers at school say she says it to all the kids in their class. We were walking by the monkeys and she would point and say "Hey Josie"! We spotted lots of munk munks yesterday. These two amazed me. The female sat out front and posed looking pitiful while the male ate a tree. It was kinda surreal, they were so huge. Amazing that these creatures live in the wild. Ok, I'll shut up about the animals. I am a major softie when it comes to nature and wildlife. Joey gets mad when he has to turn off his shows when seals are getting eaten and the forrests are being cut down.


Josie loved, loved, loved the girraffes. I did not get a picture, but she just sat there and went "uuuhhhhh" at them real loud. We walked off and she was still trying to see them. All the excitement wore the poor baby out. RJ was a trooper, she hardly napped and was still an angel.


Josie the Explorer...


Such a good paw paw... when she could not see the rhinos, he picked the whole stroller up.


Then we drove to the French Quarter for lunch at Landry's. Ryleigh was even sweet enough to share her mac and cheese with Josie.



After that, we went to the Riverwalk where Janice and I got to do a little shopping and they had beignets. I know we all slept good last night!!

3 comments:

Donna Rivers said...

Pretty girls. Hope your mom had a great birthday. Looks like everybody had a great time celebrating her big day. The girls are growing up so fast.

heatherstockett said...

You parents are precious!! I, too, change the channel if seals are being eaten so you're not alone. Josie is so cute!!

Janice said...

That pic of Ryleigh Jane at lunch in your mom's lap is scary! She looks just like me. That is even a face I make frequently :) I had a blast. Thanks for going with us! It wouldn't have been the same without y'all!