Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Baby is Back!

I am not going to lie. I was about ready to trade my precious Josie Kate in the past couple weeks (yeah, right). She was so fussy and hard to please, we just did not know what to do with her! Even her teachers at school said she was especially fussy. I think it took her a while to get over the stomach bug, and she is feeling much better. She is back to her happy self and loving being able to crawl everywhere and explore. I have to watch her really closely. I found some string in her mouth yesterday. She gagged on a dried up leaf at my mom's today. And while Joey was watching her while I was cleaning today, I heard him screaming "No! No! You can't chew on that!" I figured it was something like the keys or a book, something like that. But no. It was Daisy Mae's bone. GROSS. Do not think bad of us, please, she did not gnaw on it long. And to make it even worse, she had a complete melt down when he took it from her. Maybe she needs some bones, too. That poor baby needs to get a tooth and get it over with.
It was so pretty on Saturday, Amber and I decided to take the babies to the zoo. It was packed! That place has come a long way since I was a child and they let the elephant die =( I still have not gotten over that. I don't think they could see most of the animals, but they loved strolling and looking around. I only got Josie out of the stroller once to look at the prairie dogs, but she was more interested in the little girl's beads in her hair standing beside us. Josie says thank you, Jack, for a wonderful first real date. They were both asleep by the time we made it to the car. Awwww.


Josie and her strings. She cannot get enough of them.


Do you see my house? Chaos! Look at all of the toys, they have taken over. When she was so whiney, we went out and bought more, thinking maybe that would help. It didn't. And she loves tearing apart old magazines. They always makes the living room look even better.


We went to Paw Paw's today to see all of the new calves. Why is it that everything in baby form is so stinking cute? I want one baby of everything. Josie was ok with this cow until she licked her arm, then she was not impressed.



Josie goes to bed at 7:30 and usually gets up between 6 and 6:30. I usually get up with her on Saturday morning, and Joey does on Sunday. This morning when I wake up, they are playing in the livivng room and she has a head band on. I asked why and he said "because she is cute". This was a head band that came with an outfit, that I would not classify as "cute". Especially worn like a sweat band. Only in daddy's eyes =)


Tonight after her bath in her new pj's. She is getting so big and outgrowing everything so quickly!


6 comments:

Donna Rivers said...

I have a picture of Joey with the headband in the scrapbook you have in Hattiesburg. Check it out and tell me if that baby is not the spitting image of her dad. She is cute as ever and I miss her bunches. Can't wait for her to come visit in April. Love ya'll

Morrell Family said...

That is hysterical! We have considered buying Jack his own dog bone since he likes chewing on everything:) Love the shoelace picture. We had lots of fun at the zoo too:)

MawMaw said...

I am glad she is feeling better. She is soooo sweet and cute. The headband even looks cute on her. Give her a big kiss from Maw Maw & Paw Paw.

Janice said...

That is so funny that y'all went to the zoo! We were there :) I told Brad we should have called you, but I guess you were busy zooing it anyway! I'm glad she is getting back to normal.

Dee said...

How sweet! I love the big grin on her face as she is tearing up the magazine! How cute! Miss Josie and Jack at the zoo is adorable! The shoelaces..yuk! LOL...kids..the headband cracked me up! Too cute and the fact that Daddy put it on her makes it more precious! Love, love, love it!

Jill said...

My living room looks the same way, and Ford also likes to tear up magazines. I am a little hurt Josie's first date wasn't with Ford, but that will come soon enough.

P.S. I think she is looking more like you!