Yes, I realize that pictures speak louder than words. But I have been the worst at taking pictures since Christmas! So since I cannot tell my stories with pictures... I'll just give an update on what has been going at the Rivers Roost. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and doing well! This pregnancy has been somewhat different from the first, but some things are the same, too. The very first symptom I had when pregnant with Josie was heartburn, and I kept it throughout the entire pregnancy. It was really my only symptom and that was fine! I think I have had heartburn only once that I recall this time. Bald baby maybe? I have traded heartburn for headaches this go around. And anyone who lives with me (Joey) knows that I am not the best sport when it comes to headaches. I had been warned the "tiredness" on round 2 would be much worse, and they weren't lying. I feel like I have been hit by a bus alot of days (and probably look like it, too). I am sure a lot to do with it is chasing after a 18 month old every second I am not at work! This is the true reason that my I have not been a faithful friend to my blog followers. By the time Josie hits the sack, I hit the sack as well =) I am patietly waiting for my second wind since I just entered my 2nd trimester, so hopefully my blog will be back in check! Ok, enough with the whining... just wanted to update the people that may be wondering about me or think I fell off the face of the Earth. I am soooo anxious to find out if it is a boy or girl! I think a girl would be perfect so Josie can have a sister close in age. But then again I do want a boy eventually, so I'll take a little stinkin boy too =) I figured we should find out around Valentines Day. Now about Miss Josie...
She is 18 months old! Hard to believe! She is quite the talker these days. Sometimes she speaks her own language (my personal favorite) and she tends to talk real loud while doing so. She will say just about anything, and says short phrases but not so much sentences. I love how in the morning when I bring her in our bedroom she says "hey daddy" about 8 times to start her day. Then it is "hey koko hey Deesee" over and over. My second favorite things she says is "bapple" which is apple. I love when we are in public and Josie calls me maw maw. Mama was her first word. Then she called me Katie. And now it's maw maw. Not the name I really expected to be named yet, but I'll take it. We went to the doctor last week, and she weighs 24 lbs. I do not remember how tall she was, but she was in the 90th percentile. She was in the 50th for weight, which was new for her! She has always been on the "fluffy" side, and I am really sad to see it go. She is starting to look more like a little kid and not a baby =( She is still an excellent sleeper. She goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes up around 7. She takes a 2-3 hour nap every day. I still rock her to sleep, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think we both look forwward to it. She how has a big girl bed waiting for her in a new bedroom (yet to be set up), but she is still in the crib for now. However we must make that transition before Peanut Rivers gets here!
I am looking forward to this weekend and spending some "me" time. Joey is going hunting, and Josie is going to stay with Deedy and Pa. I plan to get some rest and do a little shopping. But when she gets back... time for mama to start taking some more pictures! I know better than not to post a couple pictures...

4 comments:
Thanks for the great update. It was a good one. Love you!!!!
So happy to hear what is going on there. I can't wait to get Josie and we are going to have a great time this weekend if she isn't under the weather. Love ya'll.
Glad you are feeling somewhat better! I feel you on the tiredness! It hasn't left me yet. Love the naked pic!
Finally :) I have been stalking you for an update. Since I never see you, this is how I keep up! Enjoy your me time tomorrow, and if you get too lonely, we will be home with nothing to do for once! Love you!
Post a Comment