Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Toot Toot!!

As my dear friend Jill Lamar would say, I would like to take a minute to stop and take a minute to toot my (Or Josie's, rather) horn a little bit... Toot Toot! We are on night 8 of her sleeping in her big girl bed and she is doing soooo good! On the 1st and 3rd nights, she did get up and run to our room (crying) and I had to go lay down with her. Neither us sleep well when sleeping together, we are just not used to it. But it was necessary. Every other night she has slept in it all by herself until about 6:30. We are so proud of her! Of course now that I have bragged, tooted, and put it on my blog, she will probably get up tonight. That's what I get. We shall see! Now that that is out of the way...

We spent last weekend in Pascagoula/Mobile at our friends Jared and Jennifer's wedding festivities. It was all beautiful, and Josie had fun too. Aunt Anna gave Josie some hand-me-downs that were really cute. Of course Josie's favorite was a pink "nance" that she was so proud to wear. She twirled and stretched her legs out like the ballerina she is.







This is how she looked the entire time at the wedding reception. She wouldn't slow down for any pictures. There were lots of kids there for her to run around with, and a stage that was just about the best thing she had ever seen. She ran and danced and screamed.


Meeting a sweet baby.


Joey and I before we went to eat at the American Cafe on Friday night.


And a few things going on around the house lately... I was running her bath water and go in my cloaset to find this (please forgive me for my organizational skills, Josie is to blame for the shoe chaos)...


She loves days that it is raining because she gets to wear her boots and her and maw maw or paw paw go puddle hopping. And I know I get Mother of the Year for this pic too, standing in the sink and all.



She picked these tiny flowers all by herself.



Daddy is to blame for this one!


Mama and Colbie are doing good. We measured her today, and she weighed over 2 lbs. About 12 weeks to go. Love my girls!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am always so jealous of how "easy" Josie is when it comes to things like sleeping. I'm glad she likes her new bed. She's such a punkin :)