Friday, August 26, 2011

Who hates shots??



Me!!!

This little sweet pea is already 2 months old. It has FLOWN by and I am not happy about it. She is one sweet little baby. My favorite thing about her is her open mouth, gummy grin. She is definitely a morning person. Colbie eats every 4 hours during the day, and still takes lots of naps. I feed her and put her down around 10pm every night, and she usually sleeps until 3 or 4 am, eats, and goes right back to sleep. She does good in her crib at night, and usually wakes between 6 and 7am. She does not want to sleep in her crib during the day, she definitely prefers her swing =) I need to work on that. At her check up, she weighed 11lb 8oz (60th percentile), was 24 inches long (90th percentile), and her head is 16 inches (86th percentile). She checked out great, but does have some torticullis, but much milder than what Josie had. We are going to stretch at home for that. Apparently my uterus deforms my children. Oh well, at least it's treatable! I can count on one hand the times she has really cried, and today was one of them when she got her shots. It broke my heart, especially when she poked that bottom lip out. She fell asleep on the way home, and is now taking a good nap.



We signed up Josie for dance class with Ryleigh, and she was soooo excited to go. I had to wake her up that morning to get ready, and she wouldn't lift her head until I said "you ready to go dance with Ryleigh"? She lifted her head, turned toward me with her eyes still closed, paci in, a big grin, and said "dance with Ryee"!


However, her mood would soon change after we got there. I think I have already expressed how clingy Josie has been since little sis got here. Anything out of her comfort zone just throws her over the edge.... new places, strangers, the wrong spoon... you name it. The panic is starting to set in here...


Needless to say, Josie was not at the top of her ballet class. In fact, she was held the whole time. They let me stay in there and try to participate which I think made it worse, and then I watched through the glass as she was held the entire time by one of the teachers. Every time they tried to put her down, she cried. The class was so, so cute, and I just know if she was at home doing the same things with mama and daddy, she would've had a ball. So I decided we will give it a few weeks and see if she warms up to it. I realize that just turning 2 is a little young, so I don't want to force the issue. Now the class has been moved and interferes with Mothers Day Out, so I am thinking of just trying again next year.

Ryleigh and Anna Cooper loved it!


The whole class (notice the whiny child being held to the far left)...


Her first day back to Mothers Day out went much better than dance. They sent a letter saying to send her favorite teddy bear to class. Well, Josie doesn't really have a favorite teddy, so I told her she could pick from all of her stuffed animals and babies. This was at the bottom of the pile and was what she picked...


This creepy wolf was bought by Joey as a Valentine for Josie. You can tell he put a lot of thought into it. He picked it up at Corner Market, and I guess he assumed since it sang and dance that it was perfect for Josie. This is what he sings...

Who's that I see walkin' in these woods?
Why it's Little Red Ridin' Hood
Hey there Little Red Riding Hood
You sure are lookin' good
You're everything a big bad wolf would want
Listen to me [howl]
Little Red Ridin' Hood
I don't think even big girls should
Go walkin' in these spooky old woods alone.

This creepy thing sings this as he does the wolf whistle. I looked up the song, and it was written in 1966 by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs.

Anyway... this would be the animal that she picked to go to Temple Baptist. I was already having guilty mama complex for bringing her, so off we went with the perverted wolf. After listening to him sing the whole way to Temple, luckily, she dropped him. I had Winnie the Pooh waiting for her in her bag. I dropped her off, and she didn't even cry.

My 3 favorites!

3 comments:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

That wolf is hilarious!!!

Morrell Family said...

Colbie is absolutely precious. I used to think she looked a lot like Josie at that age, but not anymore. She is changing so fast. Josie looks adorable in her little dance outfit. Hope to see ya'll soon.

Jennp1751 said...

Joey looks so proud in that last picture!! Josie looks precious in her little dance outfit!