This was a normal day in the life of a pregnant chick. It was mid-June and blazing hot. I worked that day and had my weekly check-up with Dr. O'Neal at 38 weeks pregnant. I went back to work after he told me it could be another week or so before Colbie made her debut. I was dilated 2 cm. I remember asking him if my labor experience should be similar to when I had Josie and he said it probably would. So I was expecting to go to sleep a couple days before my due date, and to be wakened by my water breaking in the middle of the night.Not so much.
I went about my day and went home at 5pm when it was time to punch the clock. I remember walking out and telling my friends, "see yall in the morning" as I did every afternoon, and Debi looking back at me and saying "huh, we'll see!"
I do not remember much about that afternoon. I am sure it mostly involved Josie, who was just a few weeks shy of her 2nd birthday. I had been rocking Josie to sleep for her whole 2 years of her life until the past week or so. I finally convinced Joey that my belly was just too big and neither one us were comfortable. He took over the honor of rocking Josie at that time (and still has the honor). Joey and I have always found shows and series we like to DVR and watch together. That night, we had nothing recorded. He had a bright idea. He had heard how good True Blood was and wanted to watch an episode to see if we would like it. My stomach started to hurt. Not like contractions hurt, but like upset stomach kinda hurt. I was in and out of the bathroom (if you haven't already realized, this is a TMI labor story and if you are not interested, stop here)! Everytime I laid back in bed I would try to distract myself with TV... this was hyper sexual vampires that were killing people and drinking each others blood and something about the whole situation didn't feel right. I asked Joey to please turn off True Blood. I wasn't feeling it. I kept having an upset stomach but never had any contractions (I thought). I had convinced myself I had eaten something that disagreed with me.
Joey suggested we call the doctor or go to the hospital just to be sure. I wanted to talk to my doctor, because that is just how pregnant women are. We always feel like we are our doctor's only patient and they are the only ones who understand are current wants and needs. No other doctor will do. I decided I would wait it out, and to my surprise my stomach calmed enough for me to fall asleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment