Saturday, August 11, 2012

Us Lately



These are the latest pictures of us. These girls have had an excellent summer full of beach trips, visits to Deedys house, swimming in the creek, and probably driving Maw Maw crazy (they start back to school in 2 weeks). Colbie is Miss Social and she and Josie are playing together more and  more. Josie gets very upset if Colbie gets a bobo, and her mommy side comes out. Colbie just thinks Josie is hilarious, but she also has a mean streak. She will walk across the room and pop Josie in the head for no reason, and to prevent a knock-down-drag-out drama fest on Josie's part, we tell Josie she is just playing. Colbie has her sensitive side, too. She has learned what the word "no" means and if you tell her, she stares at you a long time to be sure you are serious, then the bottom lip comes out, and then the whaling begins. I am guilty of scooping her up at this point because I really do not liking breaking her little precious heart.


These eyes are after my own heart. 



Joey and I do get all dressed up a few times a year for weddings and such =)  Other than that, it's scrubs, PJs, and tshirts for me. The girls always look way better than I do. That is normal, right?






Although summer is my favorite, I do admit I am looking forward to cooler weather, Josie to start preschool, Saints football games, and Halloween! See next post for pictures from our trip to the beach!



No comments: