Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gotta take what you can get!

Sometimes,we gotta take what we can get.... when it comes to pictures, that is. Life is busy and the cell phone just has to do. And sometimes fun things happen on the spur of the moment and you have to grab the closest camera!
 
So we signed Josie up for dance... again. Remember last year when she was a ballet school drop out? Colbie was a newborn and due to an overabundance of hormones and lack of patience on my part, I just couldn't deal with the breakdowns. So we signed her up again this year and we practiced the entire week before it started. I told Josie to do a releve', and to my surprise Colbie jumped right in! I didn't think she was paying attention, but apparently she wants to dance, too.
 



Well, looks like we are drop outs again. Josie had a full blown panic attack the first day (for the entire hour), and the second day she cried all morning about it and my mom was having to chase her around the house to try to get her leotard on. I decided it was just too much work for something that is supposed to be fun. I'm disappointed, I dance from ages 3-18. The sad part is I think she would really love it if she wold get over separation anxiety part. But that is Josie, and we can't change that part of her (trust me we have tried).
 
The girls entertaining each other is WONDERFUL!


 
This is the kinda stuff you look around and find when you live with Colbie. She is the funniest child.

I cooked fried chicken for the first time and if I can say so myself, it was delicious! Colbie loved it! And Joey was just happy to have a hot meal =)


 
This is what happens when Josie finds my phone. I didn't find these until one day at work, and I got a good chuckle out of them. There were at least 50 of them.



 
The flip flop dress that Deedy made!

 
From our beach trip a few weeks ago...

 
The princesses "picking berries".

 
Trying to entertain on the ferry... Josie calls these "Paw Paws ugly glasses"


Meme has always loved rocking Colbie. These days, you have to take advantage of her when she is really, really, sleepy.

 
At Jansen's wedding...

 
Who Dat!

 
This is the type of things that take place at our house when we get bored.

 
Josie loves Old Maid... except she takes getting the Old Maid very seriously. She reeeeeally does not want to get the Old Maid.

 
Josie and I had a date to see Ice Age. She giggled the whole time and thought it was just hilarious, but was really disappointed when it was over.

 
We surprised Dr. Hatten for his birthday at Cotton Blues. He was so surprised, it was just perfect!

 
Colbie's favorite game right now is "I'm gonna get you"! She finds the best hiding spots!

 
This year marked a year that our dear friend Barrier passed away. I found this picture and laughed outloud at all of the fun, hilarious experiences I got to share with him and Jennnifer. Miss you, Barrier.

 
Hotty Toddy!

 
If this isn't a Rivers face, I don't know what is!

 
Maybe our last water day for this year! This pool and table can keep them very busy!

 
Josie found this snail (or his shell) and she just loved him. She floated him a boat (kitchen pot) across the pool, put him down for naps the cup holder of my chair, and rocked him.

 
I was sitting on the floor playing with Josie when I see Colbie peeking at me over the chair like she was doing something either special or bad. I walk over to find that she is standing on a can of chilli. Her little fat foot was curled over it. 

 
Bubble bath in mommy's bath tub!

Last but not least, I wanted to share some funny things Josie has said lately that I do not want to forget. This is probably my favorite thing about a 3 year old, the random stuff they say:

"It's fundering"!

"I'm going to be a butterfly for Halloween, and Colbie can just be a fly".

"Those shoes get on my nerves".

"Thank you for being a sweet girl at work today, Mommy".

In the voice of Kenny Chesney's new song "Ive been looking for you baby", we are getting ready to eat and she belts out "I been looking for you sammich"!

And my personal favorite.... As she went to check on the cows with my dad, she points at the bull and said "That one has a bag on his booty".  Gotta love her =)

No comments: