Saturday, September 14, 2013

Firsts!

Well, the time had come again to enroll for dance. I don't know if you guys remember... but we were dance class drop outs 2 years in a row! I promise I am not a pushy mama. This girls loves to dance. I just knew if she cold get past the separation anxiety/shyness part, she would absolutely love dance. And mama was right. She decided this summer that she wanted to take dance. I hesitantly signed her up, knowing good and well it was probably not going to work out. But I do have my girl figured out. I knew a big girl dance bag stuffed with ballet shoes, tap shoes, a "sketti" strap leotard, and tights would certainly not hurt the situation. She was excited to get dressed and go, but I was still dreading the drop off...


Now she didn't skip down the hall whistling or anything like that, but she walked right in without any hesitation. I watched her on the tv in the lobby and that little booty was shaking and dancing the whole hour. I was so, so proud of her! This is a big deal for my Josie Kate! Her teachers are so precious and patient. We are in week 5 or 6 and she is doing so good. I don't do Crossfit, but I do know what a burpie is and they were certainly doing these last week! She absolutely loves it, and makes this mama who danced from 3 years-18 years a happy mama. I wish I could take a class!

We also had Colbie's first and Josie's second trip to the dentist. When Josie and I were talking about going, I told her we were going to see Janice because she is a tooth doctor. Josie quickly corrected me and told me that she is not a doctor, she is "just Janice" =) It was Josie's idea to bring one stuffed animal along, so she brought her Berenstein Bear

Leave it to Colbie to bring the biggest horse we have...

It's Just Janice! Josie got her teeth cleaned like a champ. Colbie got a little nervous when they put the napkin around her neck for some reason, so she had to sit in my lap. 

Our first sleepover with Ryleigh!


These 2 sweet peas ended up in my bed.


This girl has some terrible bed head every morning! It's awful but we get some good laughs!

We also had an awesome visit to the camp and swam the whole time! OK so this was not a first but somehow made it to my "firsts" post.

 First Saints game! Janice and Brad were so sweet to keep the girls while Joey and I went. It was a close, loud one!

I have a bunch more random photos but they will have to wait until tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: