My apologies, my apologies!! I am so, so behind! I am going to try and catch up on my blogging this weekend. It will probably be mostly pictures, less writing. My life allows less and less "me" time as time goes on... I know you understand!
Joey and I took a trip to stay with friends in a place outside of Philadelphia, known at West Chester. It was a whirlwind trip, but we hit all of the hot spots and got to spend some time together sans little girls. It was nice! I only had cell phone pics though...
It was only an 1.5 hour train ride from their house to NYC so this was a must. My only regret was that it was only a day =( So I tried not to plan too much, and just hit the hot spots. I was warned how hot and muggy NYC was in July, so of course I put on shorts, a white tank top, and flip flops. BAD IDEA. We stepped out of the car to board the train and it was raining, windy, and chilly. But there was no turning back. It rained the entire day. Talk about a bummer. I must admit if started off to a cranky start because #1) I was cold and wet #2) we were starving #3) we spent our first $100 on umbrellas and ponchos. Anyway, the first thing we did was grab some lunch and it was delicious and a cool little joint. A burger, fries, and a couple Blue Moons cured our blues and we were off to enjoy the Big Apple.
On the train... I actually enjoyed the train ride. There was plenty to look at! Philly has some awesome graffiti art!
Our first stop was the 911 Memorial. They have made this a beautiful memorial. Everyone should see it. I relived the horrible day this happened, and now could see what I could only imagine at one time.
St. Peters church... wow!
Of course Joey had to take a walk down Wall Street. We saw the Statue of Liberty from a distance (must revisit later). We had a coffee at Starbucks, visited the Rockefeller center, walked through Saks Fifth Avenue, and visited some shops. As we walked through Saks Joey wanted to know why I wanted to look at "a bunch of make-up". From there we walked through Time Square to Central Park. Central Park was much prettier than I imagined... and huge! We visited, but our legs were pretty tired by this point so we didn't do much walking. I also had a blister from wet flip flops!
You would never know we were tourists in our yellow ponchos!
This is just goofy, but had to be included!
From there, we went to a trendy little spot and had some NYC style pizza which was delicious. I am so glad we waited until after dark to leave, because this city is beautiful at night! My favorite part of the day was walking through Time Square and admiring all of the lights. It is very surreal.
Another poncho, hand on the hip pic just for ya'll!
We got home really late that night and were exhausted. Some people had warned me that I may not like NYC but I think they are crazy! It was amazing. A day is nowhere near enough. Joey knows he is going to have to take me back (and happened to love it, too).
The next day, we headed to Philly with Gary and his boys - Alfie,7 and Jack, 5. These kids are awesome. I enjoyed them so much. They are such boyish littleboys!
The Rocky steps! We had to hum the song the whole time we were there!
That's Joey in the pink almost to the top!
The city from the top of the Rocky steps...
You cannot visit Philly without eating a cheesesteak! It was as good as I imagined and I ate the whole foot long!
The Liberty Bell had already been locked up...but I got a picture through the glass!
The Braves just so happened to be playing the Phillies. Great game and great chocolate ice cream cones!
Alfie and Jack =)
The last day, we hung out with Gary, Susan, and their kids at their house. We even got a nap in. That night, we went to a delicious sushi restaurant, had drinks at the West Chester country club, and played dice till the wee hours of the morning. It was fun trip... but of course we were happy to get home to our sweet baby girls. They were waiting in the airport with Deedy with flowers =)

















No comments:
Post a Comment