Sunday, May 3, 2009

Orange Beach


Joey had to work for a few hours on Saturday in Orange Beach, so we decided to make a weekend out of it. We left Friday after work, and headed south. As soon as we checked into the hotel, we went and ate at Tacky Jack's. I had grilled shrimp and fries, and Joey had a tuna burger and fries. Its nice sitting over the water watching the boats drive up. We decided we would like to live that life style... but do not quite have the funds. So, we decided we would retire to a place like Dauphin Island. We could have a small house on the water and a boat. He could fish, I could enjoy the sunshine. Ummm sounds nice!
The next morning, I dropped him off at his convention, and I hit the beach. I took a long walk, then rented a chair and just laid and read. I was suprised when he called at 11 and said he was through. I picked him up, and we had lunch. When we got back to the room, he decided he wanted to watch the Matrix (for the 13,000th time) so I headed back to the beach. There I proceeded to become a lobster. I remembered to put sunscreen on the places I usually burn... face, arms, chest... but forgot about my legs and especially my poor feet. My feet are fire engine red and swollen, it hurts to walk. Just perfect for a chick thats 31 weeks pregnant! Like I didn't have enough to complain about! After Joey's brief visit to the beach (and when I say brief, I mean about 8 minutes tops), we got showers and left for Lulu's. Joey has never been much of a beach bum. It used to kind of make me mad. I wondered, "what kind of human being does not like the beach? Do you hate children and puppies as well?" But luckily I found out that he did like children and puppies, he is just a little too hyper to lay on the beach. It's just not his thing. So we respect each other wishes. If he doesn't mind if I lay on the beach all day, I don't mind if he lays in ther stuffy hotel room all day (although I think he's nuts.)
It was an hour and a half wait at Lulu's so we walked around and looked at the boats, had fruity drinks (mine was a snow cone), and enjoyed the music. After we ate, it was after 8 and it was about that time when we both shut down. We got a good nights sleep, and were headed home by 9 this morning. We had a good time, but my lobster feet are a bit of a pain. Next time we go to the beach we will be packing a tiny little bikini... and not for me!!

No comments: