Tuesday, May 18, 2010

UH OHH!

That has been a frequent word around my house the past few days. Josie's new thing is dropping things on purpose, followed by a loud Uh Ohh! This is officially her second word, her first being mama =) Although it is sweet, she usually only says it when she is whiney and she crawls around following me saying mama! Joey is still practicing really hard on the daddy, she can say it but I'm not sure she is saying it in context.

Another new thing... she finally got a tooth! At ten months! It was about a week and a half ago. I noticed it when she was eating. It is growing bigger and bigger every day! No other teeth in site, yet, but I don't think it will be long.

We also finally turned the corner on the bath. When Josie first started using our bath tub, I had a horrible, negligent mother moment. I had the water too deep, and she just flopped right over. Her face went underwater and it was a big scene that followed. She started flailing her arms, taking big deep breaths over and over with her mouth open like a fish, and then screamed bloody murder. Ever since then, she has cried throughout the whole bath. I felt really bad, because she had always loved her bath. Last week, it was as if she had never seen water before. As soon as I put her in there, she starts crawling real fast from one side to the other, back and forth. She slaps real big so there is lots of splashing. She thinks this is hilarious. I am usually soaked by the end, but it's worth it to know she is over her little fear. Thank goodness, because it is alomost beach time!
To the left...


To the right...


How exciting!


Playing on the back porch with her favorite pup, Koko.

4 comments:

Willcutt Family Blog said...

So glad Josie got a tooth! We are still toothless at 12 months! I am about to start praying about teeth...hahaha. I loved the post!

heatherstockett said...

Don't worry about the bath. I had a similar experience with Jackson. He was fine one day and then the next he refused and screamed the entire time he was in the bath. It lasted a couple of weeks. It was like a light bulb went off and he was like, "Hey..this is fun!" Anywho... glad she's doing better. She's precious!

Morrell Family said...

Yay Josie! Finally, a tooth! How exciting. I sure hope Jack gets one soon.

Dee said...

Love the pics from her "photo shoot" soooo adorable! It was so good to see you today! Sorry it was so short, I miss you! Beautiful as ever! We had to get outta there..the last time was a 5 hour ordeal with a 2 year old! :( I love those new pearly white baby teeth! or tooth..