Tuesday, March 29, 2011

All About Josie



I think it is time for a little update on Miss Priss. I have been trying to remember back to when she was a newborn (nap/feeding schedules, ect) and I cannot remember off the top of my head! So I need to start documenting better!

Josie at 21 months:
- She goes to bed between 7:30 and 8, and wakes up between 7 and 7:30 every morning. She has only woke up in the night 2 times I can think of since she was a few months old. I can only pray that her little sis carries the same trait! She still sleeps in her crib, but we plan to make the transition very soon! I dread it because she is such a good sleeper! Any pointers from mamas that have made the transition? She is going to an entirely new bedroom... hope she approves.

- She has 12 teeth. The top 4 and bottom 4 incisors, and then 2 molars on bottom, and 2 on top. She has one really crooked one on the bottom, which I think makes her extra cute right now (I am sure she will beg to differ later).

- She has become more picky about her food choices. Her favorites right now are PBJ sandwiches and chicken noodle soup. Her upmost and all time favorite is fruit and she must have some ASAP when she wakes up. Her favorites are bananas, grapes, and oranges. We try to let the strawberry milk be a "treat", and a treat it is. Her sippy does not leave her mouth until it is gone! She loves, loves, loves "hiceme" or ice cream, just like her mama!

- She takes a nap between 12 and 1 every day, and sleeps 2-3 hours. She is still rocked to sleep, and I do not see that changing any time soon.

- She goes to Mothers Day Out every Thursday from 9-1 to give my mom a break. My mom says that she likes to carry her own lunch box in, and when she pickes her up every day she waves to her teachers and says "bye bye kools" which is bye bye school!

- She is attempting to speak in sentences. She always gets the last word right... but the beginning of the sentence is questionable. It sounds something like this "numa numa bite back". "I'll be right back".

- She is still very much obsessed with shoes. This is actually requested before her fruit in the morning. She doesn't understand that she can't wear size newborn shoes and that frustrates her.

- She loves to sing the "I love you, you love me..." Barney song. Even though she says "I love me, You love me", it is very sweet. She even gets the tune right! She wants to put one arm around my neck and one around Joey's when she is singing this. A couple of nights ago, she was in my lap and singing it with her arm around my neck, and she screamed for Joey to come so she could put the others around his. I bet we look like one cheesy family doing this, but Joey said "now how can I pass up that"? His friends would have a hayday with that =)

- She loves playing outside. Most evenings we blow bubbles, ride her car, and walk down the street. She likes screaming at Daisy to "Hus"! when she barks at all of the neighbors in their own yard.

- She will not sit down in the bathtub and that drives me nuts.

- She still takes a paci and naptime and bedtime only. I don't let her have it when she is awake. I am going to wait until she is used to her little sis and ok with everything before I take it from her. I feel like we have too many things going on right now, I just don't have the heart.

- She likes to play a game called "nite nite" where we all get under the covers and fake snore. She wants to do this all the time, I am ready for a new game.

This is all I can think of for now. Here are a few pics from the weekend...

I remember stacking cans as a child! She loves it!



Chasing her shadow...


She really likes "numa numa buds" or feeding the birds. Joey was really frustrated with our new feeder. I even found him sitting down on the job. At least he had a helper!


I ordered my blog books from 2009 and 2010 this week! I am excited to see them... I will let you know how they turn out!

2 comments:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

I CANNOT believe Josie is that good of a sleeper. OHHH girl, I am SO jealous!!

Jennp1751 said...

She is getting so big!! I haven't seen her since she was tiny.