Parents were invited to an Easter party and Egg Hunt at Josie's school. I was a few minutes late, and everyone was quietly eating their chicken nuggets, including parents, when I walked in. So as soon as I come through the door, Josie's face lights up and she says "Is your name mommy"??? I have no idea where this came from. All I can think of is the other parent's thinking... this poor little girl's Maw Maw brings her to school everyday, she must live with her and not even know her mommy! Hopefully not, but that's how I felt. After we ate, the teacher told the story of Jesus dying on the cross and the resurrection through little figures inside of plastic eggs. It was so cute, and Josie listened intensely. She made sure she repeated everything the teacher said to me, just in case I could not understand her. After that, it was time for the egg hunt. They were hidden in some really tough places!!
Ready, Set, Go!!
They had given all of the kids Easter buckets that came with shovels. I guess Josie thought she was supposed to use the shovel to pick up her eggs. That did not make for a fast hunter.
This little boy would bring his eggs to put in Josie's bucket. Very sweet =)
After blowing some bubbles, it was over and she was so excited to go pick up Colbie from her "baby class".
Josie informed me as soon as she woke up that she wanted to go see the Easter Bunny. She actually done something like this since she was about 6 months old. I never forced the issue because she never wanted to, and because I know it will be a long wait for a $20 snap shot in which she would probably be screaming. But since she asked, I could not say no! So off we went to see the Easter Bunny at the mall. As soon as we walk in the door, we see the line and I get "the eye" from Joey. Then Josie decides that she "can't like to sit in the Easter bunny's lap". But we were there, dangit, and we were going to get this picture made. So we bribed her with a new movie, and got pretty cute results!








No comments:
Post a Comment