I CANNOT believe it is already time for Josie to be in kindergarten. This happened waaaaaay too fast. I was not ok there for a few weeks before she started. Just being honest. Change is not one of Josie's best qualities, and I worried about her so! I even considered holding her back due to the summer birthday, but I was encouraged by her preschool teachers to send her on. I decided I needed to do what was best for her, not me! I prayed and prayed and prayed about this. It took a while to adjust... but we made the right decision!
It helps that her teacher is Mrs. Knight! She has been there a long time and is the best around! She has been great at a balance of loving on Josie and making her find her independence at the same time. The drop offs were hard for the first several weeks but we eventually got over the hump. She is finally in the swing of things. I think she even likes it =)
First day of school...
I have to wake her up a good hour before it's time to leave because she has to have at least 20 minutes to mope. We rocked and snuggled the first few weeks.
She got Star of the Week the second week of school! This was special. The Star of the Week is based on behavior and we heard at Meet the Teacher that whoever got it got to bring Clifford home for the weekend. I will never forget the day I went to pick her up in carline and she had that big Clifford bag. She wouldn't dare smile, but when I pulled up she had that tongue in her cheek trying her best not to smile. She was about to bust to tell me about Clifford. She was so proud of herself, and I was proud of her, too.
Clifford went everywhere with us that weekend. We took pictures and journaled about it on Sunday night.
Her megaphone shirts are her favorite!
We had ice cream cones at Dairy Queen after the first day of school... and several days thereafter.
Being goofy on Spirit Day!
She really loves homework! She looks forward to it.
I visited her class one Friday. I helped with a center, ate lunch, and read the class Josie's favorite book... Pinkalicious! I got some insight after visiting the classroom as to why Josie was overwhelmed. Kindergarteners are hard. They are just babies.
We are so happy to have Tripp in our class for another 2 years! We also have Reagan and John.
Her first school picture! My angel.
She was taking naps every afternoon up until Kindergarten. She still does on the weekends. I have found her (and Daisy) like this a few afternoons.
Mrs. Knight told me last week she has finally come out of her shell. She is laughing, having fun, and raising her hand to participate. She stays at the top of the behavior chart and gets to pick a prize almost every day! I am so proud of her, because I know how hard it has been for her. She will always be my cautious child, but as long as she is happy that is all I could ever want for her. Cannot wait to see what she learns next!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment