4 days old
1 month old
2 months old
6 week stats:
weight 11lb 1oz
height 23.5 inches
head 15 3/8
I am not believing that Liza is 2.5 months already! At times it feels like it went by in a blink, and at other times it seems like it was forever go since so much has happened.
Liza facts at 2.5 months:
- She wears a size 2 diaper
- We are squeezing into our 3 month clothes because they will not fit much longer. She in long and thick!
- Her favorite place in the entire house is her changing pad. It is better than any toy. Any time she is fussing, just pop her on there and the whines become coos. She likes to kick those legs and smile and squeal.
- She loves bath time but does not love the drying off part. Her legs also get really crunk up in the bathtub.
- She eats every 3-4 hours (more like 3 I'm ashamed to admit). Joey and I are not too keen on her crying =)
- She is still nursing and I plan to do that as long as possible (well, not over a year or into toddlerhood) as it is supposed to be so good for the brain. In a season of feeling so helpless, it is one thing I feel like I can do to possibly make her better.
- She will not take a paci! Not going to happen! Even though she took it the entire time we were at Batson... she just is not having it. She will gag and cough and cause quite a scene.
- She sleeps in the rock-n-play beside our bed. She is about to be too long. I just can't take that next step of putting in her crib. My other girls were already in the crib at this point. Did I mention we do not like to let her cry? She wakes up once (sometimes twice) to eat at night but goes right back to sleep.
- She loves her swing but only in the morning. Don't think about asking her to swing later in the day.
- She wakes up so smiley and happy. It makes this mama happy, She is such a ham.
- She hates tummy time - just like her sisters did.
-She is holding her head up good. She can hold her self up briefly when on her tummy but not for long periods. She always looks to the left when we lay her on her back... we are not sure if this is just her or if it's a neurological thing. We tend to watch her every little move and have judged her way more than we did her sisters! We are ready to see her start batting and reaching for objects, but we haven't seen that yet.
We have an appmt in Jackson tomorrow to see the Neurologist. This guy is an excellent doctor, but also the one who always had to hear the "bad" news from as far as what to expect down the road. I am anxious to see what he says, but don't want to talk about it at the same time. She is doing so well... maybe he will be singing a different tune as he was at Batson? I hope so. I pray so, constantly.
She also has an appmt late February with a pediatric ophthalmologist due to her eyes being crossed. They are not always that way, but it does seem to maybe affect her vision. They say this can go along with the type of bleed she had. I do know that she can see well enough to smile back at me, that's just about all I need =)
Please continue to pray for her. As far as I can tell, she is pretty much on task developmentally. I think she is so close to having no deficits, that I am striving for that, even though that will probably not be the case. I should concentrate on the things she has accomplished and trust in God. While you are praying, send one up for Joey and I, too. They are crucial!
No comments:
Post a Comment