Saturday, April 7, 2018

Disney Day 5 - A broken arm, makeovers, and dinner at Epcot

Well, Day 5 was a doozy. I set my alarm to get a shower, and as soon as I got out I got a phone call that my mom had fallen near the cafe and I needed to come. They said she as sitting up but they had her arm wrapped. I honestly thought she had fallen, was okay, and it was just a protocol for someone to come get her. Nope.

I got there and could tell she was in all kinds of pain. They were strapping her on an ambulance stretcher. She was hooked up to a monitor and her BP was 80/40. She was doing fine, until they tried to move her and I could tell her arm or shoulder was in bad shape. Off to the ER we went.

Both the ambulance and the hospital were top notch. The doctor was wonderful, we hardly had to wait. Long story short,  we found that she broke her humerus (near the shoulder), needed staples in her elbow, and had bad abrasions on her back. They consulted an orthopedic surgeon and told us she would probably need surgery, and would have to be transferred to another hospital for surgery and a 3 day stay with IV antibiotics. Not good news. I called my resources Hudi (to ask if this was really necessary) and Brad (because I was thinking heck no I need to get her home fast). A side note... I had on PJS, no bra, wet hair, and my moms dinosaur cell phone that had 20% battery and died shorty there after. The only thing we had with us was Maw Maws souvenir mug that she had gone to get coffee in. LOL!

Eventually, the surgeon called back and said it could wait a few days.... so Brad, Paw Paw and I decided we needed to get her home. I won't get into the details of all that because I think we are all traumatized, but I am so thankful there was a 6pm direct flight to NO. Brad and Paw Paw were at the gate waiting for her. She was so tough. I know she was hurting so bad. She was more worried about messing up our trip than anything. She made it home safely and in one piece (kinda). Luckily, Brad got her an apt with Dr. Gregg that next morning and he did nt recommend surgery. THANK GOODNESS! So glad we were able to get her home. She has been such a trooper and I am so sorry she had to go through it. I am afraid she will be so traumatized she will never want to go back to Disney :(. Time will heal, though!

Meanwhile, I only got these two pictures all day. 


The girls looooved the Pirates League makeover! Even more so than the Bippity Boppity Boutique! Colbie was a pirate and Josie a mermaid. Josie's make-up was beautiful! Colbie was adorable... she got to wear an old off the shoulder pirate costume so she was all over that. I giggled later after we were home as I scrolled through pictures, because I noticed Colbie wore  her leggings under her leotard. You can tell her daddy got her dressed =)


That night, we had a dinner reservation at La Hacienda at Epcot. This is one of my most favorite experiences at Disney, but I got a massive headache and we couldn't see the show from our table...so not my favorite this time. 

Not the best Disney day, but I am so thankful we were able to get my poor mama home safely the same day, and I am so thankful that Joey and Deedy made sure the girls had a great time.






No comments: