Our next travel adventure was a yachting trip through the BVI. Awesome, right? I knew it would be amazing... but had no ides just how much we would LOVE it!
I am so happy we pre-extended our trip to St. Thomas with Brett and Jasmine. We flew into St. Thomas and stayed at the Emerald Key Resort. The resort itself was nothing fancy and was still recovering from the hurricane... but the view was fantastic and that is what we were there for, anyway!
After checking out the resort and grabbing a bite to eat, we called a cab to take us somewhere we could enjoy a few cocktails. We brought us to a little spot called Hook Line and Sinker which was at a dock with mountains all around. The town itself is a typical island town... nothing fancy.... but that's what I love about the island life. I GET IT. I would escape there in a heartbeat. I also admit I had no idea there were so many mountains and rocky structures in the BVI. It is my far the most beautiful place I have ever seen!
Before our cocktails... still in our travel clothes =)
The local beer... CHEERS!
View from our resort...
Joey and I are like 2 small children when it comes to snorkeling and a GoPro
We snorkeled this little spot near our beach...
Although the island life is nothing fancy... it is still somehow very expensive so for our beach day we took a cab to the grocery store to get sammich stuff where Joey and Brett felt threatened but we survived it in one piece...
Our last night in St. Thomas, Jasmine did an internet search and happened upon the most amazing restaurant I have ever been to... Mafolie's. We had no idea what a treat we were in for! The cab ride over there was a little frightening... our cab driver was from Iran and had a little anger problem and he took those curvy mountain roads on two wheels... it crossed our mind that he may be driving us to our final resting place... but he pulled up to the most view I have ever seen!
The food was delicious, the service was fantastic, we had our laughing friends with us, and there was an old man subtly playing the guitar in the corner... so romantic and best date night ever.
Joey and I took a walk down the beach when we got back to our resort... the stars were so clear that night. We had to get a good nights sleep because the next day it was time to disembark!
We love you, St. Thomas!!









No comments:
Post a Comment