Since our free weekends are about to be few and far between, we decided to spend the day in New Orleans on Saturday. It was a beautiful day to walk around. Joey had me stop in Slidell on the way to get a daquiri. He has a new rule... no passing Slidell without stopping at the daquiri shop. I'm not going to say I wasn't a little bit jealous, but I must admit it did sound nice. (And I was driving for all you protective grandparents out there.) It smelled like Whoop Juice ( u know from high school?) thankfully, so I wasn't too regretful I couldn't have one.
We had lunch at Pat O's and beignets at Cafe Du Monte. That was actually our first 2 stops! They were delicious, I wish I had some now. Did I look like I enjoyed them?
We had lunch at Pat O's and beignets at Cafe Du Monte. That was actually our first 2 stops! They were delicious, I wish I had some now. Did I look like I enjoyed them?
We walked through the French Market, alongside the river, the Riverwalk, and our last stop was the Aquarium. I realized that people watching is about as fun as sight-seeing in New Orleans. I wish I had a picture of the guy sitting next to a statue giving her an ear full. I guess everyone needs someone to talk to, you know? It had been about 5 hours on my feet, and I had had enough. We headed home, but not without one more stop in Slidell. I had a strawberry icie, Joey had some purple drink. We even had time to stop by some friend's house for crawfish when we got home. That was a long day for us, and we got in bed before 9. Josie and I definately got our work out! And Joey, too!
2 comments:
I promise to babysit so you can go back and get a daquiri after the baby...but you will have to take somebody with you so that there will be a designated driver.
I'll be your designated driver from July 1st to July 30th :)
Post a Comment