Thursday, June 4, 2009

I know, I'm a slacker

I have not updated my blog in a couple weeks, which is not like me! We have been busy. Actually, the real truth is, when I get home from work I am pretty much worthless. I'll do a couple things around the house, then I'll lay on the couch or bed and waller around trying to get comfortable. Everything is still going great. I had my 36 week check up yesterday and it went perfect. My doctor visits used to be about the pregnancy, how I was feeling, and so forth. Now they are about labor. And baby. And contractions. And epidurals. And breast feeding. It hit me like a ton of bricks last night that I am having this baby real soon! I came home, laid in the bed, and made a mental list of all the things I need to do before she gets here. Joey came in to check on me, and I guess he noticed I all the sudden was a little stressed (quiet and distant = stressed in Katie World). I explained what I was stressed about, and he found it amusing! I think my list was pretty important (candy in case I get a dry mouth while in labor, a pack of newborn onsies, a mirror for my car so I can see her car seat, a shower liner, dogfood, and a Boppy!) Important stuff, right? I suddenly felt the need to go out and buy it like right then. But he listened, and tried not to laugh. Then today he offered to take me to get all the important little things that were stressing me to the brink of tears last night. We got most of the stuff today, but I am sure I will come up with some more stuff that I'll need in a desperate way.


On a less whiney note, Joeys family threw me a wonderful shower at Christi's house in Ocean Springs last weekend. She has the perfect house for a shower, it is beautiful. I got some more great stuff for Josie. The food was delicious, and the decorations were precious. Here is a few pictures I have... but if you want to see some real, real good pics... refer to peepedeedle.com (Christi's blog). However, if you go to hers, don't forget about poor me with my wannabe blog. Hers is the real deal and her pictures are stunning! Thanks to all that helped with the shower!


1 comment:

Janice said...

You don't even look preggo in that pic! You look gorgeous :)