Sunday, July 26, 2009
A Weekend of Firsts
Two things happened over the weekend that I have been anxiously awaiting. The first being that Josie slept in her crib! After testing the monitor about 100 times, we decided she would be okay to sleep in a room all by herself. I would make Joey go back there and tap it... just to be sure. She probably would have been okay a long time ago, but I had a hard time parting with her. After all... we have been together over ten months! The second mind blowing thing at our house this weekend was JOEY CHANGED HIS FIRST POOPY DIAPER! Yes, it took him nearly 4 weeks to get up the nerve. I finally quit hounding him... I knew he would come around. He claims he cannot handle the smell. I warned him they are only going to get worse the bigger she gets and the more she eats! He did it too fast for me to get a picture... and when I got in there he was through and she still had a little poopy on her leg. But that is okay, you got to start somewhere! Well he is over there telling me she is pooping on him now, and I hear grunting, got to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Nice photo and nice blog!!
Congrats for the first poopy diaper change! Hope he enjoys many more ;)
Way to go Joey. This grandma is proud that you have taken that first step. That is true love. I am proud of you too Katie. Now you may actually get some sleep.
You are braver/better than me. I still have RJ in my bed most nights. I just can't let her go.
Yay Joey and Katie!! Maybe you can give us some tips on how to get Jack to sleep in his crib. (When it's time, of course :))I said I would never let him sleep in my bed. That went down the drain on night #1.
Joey has become a man!
Josie is so lucky to have such great parents. Who would have ever thought Joey would change diapers. Way to go Joey. I am proud of you. And Katie, who would have ever thought Joey would have found such a beautiful sweet woman that would give him the most precious gift in the world (Josie and her Mom)
I love you all three.....
Jared told me about Joey changing the diaper AS SOON as he read it!! I'm so proud of him. Can't wait to see yall this weekend. It's been too long and I can't wait to meet Josie
i sure do miss her
tell her aunt jen jen loves her very very much
Post a Comment