Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More Flashbacks!

Since this is our version of a scrapbook... I thought I would include Joey so our kids could read about it one day! Here is what Joey remembers about Christmas. I still get stuck typing, but he is narrating =)

1. Midnight mass. He remembers not listening to a word the priest said because he was too busy thinking about the toys he was going to be getting the next morning.

2. His dad always worked night shift. Every year he got the phone call from him that Santa was flying over the Chevron of Pascagoula!

3. Scavenger hunt at maw maws. She had an elaborately decorated house, and you had to search for clues to find your gifts. However, the outcome was always the same, his were always under maw maw's bed.

4. The "little table" for the younger group. This included Joey, Christi, and Jennifer. Basically if you were not married, you had to sit at the little table. One thing he learned about Christi was that she was not a sell-out. She sat there even after she got married.

5. Gumbo. Maw maw cooked gumbo and a ham every year. She still does, and I am happy to become a part of that tradition!

And now for our little elf...

5 comments:

MawMaw said...

I am so glad that Joey remembers some of our traditions. They were special for me too. One he left out was the birthday cake he made and decorated for Baby Jesus one Christmas Eve when he was really young. He was so proud of it and I was so proud of him. That has not changed. I am still really proud of him. Thanks for making him so happy. I love you all.

heatherstockett said...

I love that he was honest enough to say that he didn't listen to mass because he was so excited about his presents! Ha!
Love your little elf ;)

Taylor said...

We do Gumbo on Christmas Eve (must be a Coast thing) and sometimes I still find myself tuned out at mass (did i just type that)...Such a cute pic of Josie we loved the Christmas card!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Your little elf is beautiful!!!!!!! Isn't Christmas extra special this year!!!

Christi said...

Just so you know, I sat at the "kid's table" again tonight, the only difference is they let me have alcohol. I personally like the reindeer games tradition, but that's just me, lol. No wonder they make us sit at the kid table!