I had been planning on being off today for a couple of weeks because Joey had to have his wisdom teeth out. He was supposed to get them out like 5 years ago, but of course he didn't. He is one those patients that us nurses talk about! Sure enough they started hurting last week, so he got an asap appointment with the surgeon and got it scheduled. They rescheduled him to Thursday because of the weather. They were "working us in", so needless to say we had to wait a little while. When they finally called him back, I waited in the lobby until he was done. The nurse came to get me and said he had done fine and was a good patient. I couldn't help but wonder what he may have said when they gave him the loopy medicine. After waiting an hour for prescriptions at CVS with Joey passed out in the car (thats a story in itself), we made it home and of course all the meds had worn off and he was hurting. I dosed him up real good, and sent him snoring. This morning, he wanted to know what the doctor said, how long it took, ect. So I told him just like I did three times the night before. Then he goes on to tell me what he remembers telling the nurses after they gave him the loopy medicine. He asked, "Will yall save my teeth for me? I am thinking about making a necklace." They encouraged him that he would not want to see these teeth, especially on a necklace, and that is the last thing he remembers. Leave it to Joey. I can remember my brother having a shark tooth necklace from Gulf Shores. It was a peice of leather with a tooth hanging from it. How stylish!
Anyway, we just hung out at the house with Josie today. Joey's parents came down to check on him and visit with Josie. He got in a much better mood when they got here, sometimes you just need your mama =) I know I still feel obligated to tell my mom even if my throat is a little scratchy... and I am a nurse! She made him some potato soup that we all enjoyed tonight (even Josie). We didn't stay in the snow long because we do not have the proper attire, but just long enough for a couple pictures!
4 comments:
Glad the soup did the job and Joey was able to eat it. I don't know if he needed me as much as I needed to check on him. No matter how old your baby gets, he is still your baby. Thanks for putting up with us today. I really enjoyed hanging out with ya'll.
That is hilarious!! I had my wisdom teeth cut out in the 7th grade and I remember it well-not in a good way either. Glad you had a fun snow day with Josie :)
I always love the funny things patients say and do under the influence of meds! That is a very cute pic of you and miss josie :)
That is so funny! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.
Post a Comment