We spent the weekend before Christmas at the camp with Pa's side of the family. It was "berry cold" in the words of Josie! Their big gift was this precious playhouse. Deedy and Pa bought it when we thought we were about to move into a new house, but we had a set back, and no room for it right now, so it is at the camp. It is precious and they both loved it, especially hanging out of the windows!
A big highlight of Josie's weekend was a short boat ride and fishing trip on the river. I am so glad I took my camera because she was too too cute.
Her reaction to the worms!! She said she was going to put it on her hook until Joey pulled them out, and she quickly changed her mind.
Worm photography!
Equally as cute was when Joey looked at me and said "I have been waiting so long to be able to do stuff like this with her".
Crazy Pa got hung up right off the bat and broke his pole!
Back at the camp, we did lots of cooking. This picture was snapped because I was cooking, and it was a monumental occasion that must be documented.
I did not witness this picture, but found it on my camera when I got home. It is definitely Joey pinching Meme's butt with some tongs.
Joey's mama made his favorite candy just for him to take home. Haystacks! He told me Thursday that there were only 2 left and they were his. He was totally serious.
On Christmas Eve, we headed to Ocean Springs for gumbo at Maw Maw Tuck's house. I had 2 worn out girls by this point, so I don't have too many pictures. They got more presents and had a great time!
Busting a move!
Josie and Maw Maw's tree. I wish I had taken more pictures of her house. It was GORGEOUS. Josie really appreciated it and paid attention to all of the little details like the tree, manger, village, and reindeer. It was sweet. It inspired me to get better decorations for next year because it is so special through the eyes of a little girl!
Josie and Deedy!
We drove home that night to rest up for Santa. We watched Josie's new movie Brave (she loves it Maw Maw) and a little Barney when Colbie got restless but they were surprisingly really sweet. When we got home we took baths, put out some cookies and milk for Santa, and pooped out. Santa had a very busy night!
No comments:
Post a Comment