Friday, December 28, 2012

Here Comes Santa Claus!!

I think I was more excited than anyone about Christmas morning. This is my favorite part of the holiday. I only thought it was fun as a kid. It is even better when you get to watch the excitement through your kids. Santa must have been a busy boy. We had no idea he was bringing such a BIG DOLLHOUSE! We told Santa that we were tying to sell our house and the realtor did not like big toys, but Josie trumped the Realtors =)

 
Jelf's last appearance!

My favorite part was when Josie came into our room. Both the girls were exhausted from all of the festivities, and Josie finally ran in at about 8:30. She was laughing and telling us Santa came like she really didn't think he would! She said there was a huge house and silly Jelf is sitting on it and there are toys everywhere! Let me show you!!
 
She was having a really bad hair morning but I didn't want to stage a fantastic Christmas morning by brushing her hair first thing! We don't get around to that until way after breakfast!



 
Look who decided to wake up! Her favorite toy was Barney who sings his signature I love you song. She hugs him and sings along in a very deep voice.


All Santa left was a few red sprinkles!


Typical Colbie look...

 
Joey was excited to open his all time favorite shirts (polo tshirt with a pocket). He should have every color now. I also had to disguise his Michael Kors watch because he will aggravate the stew out of you for hints and will not settle until he guesses it!

 
I  had to talk Josie into opening the rest of her presents after she got to playing with the dollhouse. I figured every child needed a set of Lincoln Logs, but when she opened it she looked at me very disappointed and said "this is a boy toy. I want to play with my dollhouse". The poor logs are still sitting in the box in the corner of the living room.

But Candyland was a hit!

Can't forget Daisy and Koko! It took daisy about 12 minutes to murder hers and pull the cotton out. That's why she has no toys.

Sants has a sense of humor!

 
Josie has always loved looking at our wedding pictures. When Joey lays with her at night he says she likes for him to tell the story about the day we got married. She even told me one time "I wish I could get married". I said "You can get married one day, Josie, like I did to daddy. Who do you think you would like to marry'? She thought for a little while and said "maybe Paw Paw ". I called him to tell him and he was honored.

 

No comments: