Sunday, December 2, 2012

My 30th Birthday, New Orleans style!

I was spoiled rotten by a few of my favorite people for my 30th birthday. The Saints were having a Monday night football game, so we decided to leave Sunday morning and make a little trip out of it. I felt like like one special girl. On Sunday, we had lunch (french onion soup and a Poboy) at one of my favorite lunch stops in NO, Cafe Maspero. It was raining that afternoon, so we took a long nap (got to take a vacation to get one of those these days), gave a little donation to Harrah's casino, and head to dinner at Dickie Brennan's Bourbon House. We attempted to partake in a little late night partying in, we did our best =)
 
Joey and I before dinner...

 
We had a suite overlooking the river at Windsor Court that was so fine! This is probably the best place I have ever stayed. The lobby was beautiful, as were the rooms (FYI if you book Sun-Thurs you can a free upgrade to a suite). Try this place, people. It is worth it! The location and service are excellent!



 
My most favorite part about the trip were the people who came. They took off work, spent some money, and made me feel so special for my big day. I love you all!
 
Of course you know Brad and Janice were there! We don't do much without these two. They fit into the friend and family tab. Brad and I may have fought a lot growing up, but we have always been close at the same time. We got even closer when Janice was put into the mix because she is the sister I never had. They are the best.


Aaron and April! Aaron and Joey are both from Pascagoula, but became good friends through work a few years ago. This is how I met April, who is such a sweetheart and sometimes reminds me of myself. They are sweet, thoughful people with 3 young kids!


Brett and Jasmine! Brett is a college friend of Joey's who introduced up to Jasmine. Brett and Joey are really close buds, and we love Jasmine equally well. She is HILARIOUS and a riot to be around. These are the 2 that we sit with at saints games. They are expecting a baby boy in April!

 
This is my one of bestest, oldest friends Jamie. Jamie and I met when we were probably 8 or so when our brothers were on the same baseball team. We have been close friends for a long, long, time, and people used to say we look like sisters. Jamie is the most dependable. You can always count on her to go above and beyond for her friends and I love that about her. Love my Jam Ram!


Jamie and her husband, Brian. Good looking couple!


The Court of 2 Sisters. This place is delicious! We had reservations at 10:30, so do you know what the guys did? They ate the breakfast buffet, took a Mimosa break, and then went back for the lunch bugffet! I had a big, big breakfast and 2 desserts =)




This Jazz band sang me Happy Birthday! One of my favorite moments of the trip. I looked up to them all standing around us with their instruments, and didn't even realize what they were doing until they started to sing!


After lunch, most the guys went to watch football. Janice and I did a little shopping and had a few drinks on a balcony somewhere. After dinner at Drago's... it was Who Dat time.

 
I must admit... beginning my age with 30 does not sound as good as 20. But I don't care about that because these are my FAVORITE DAYS YET! I have never had any terrible times in my life so far, but i definitely have never been as fulfilled as I am at this point. I have a loving husband, 2 healthy girls, a family that I could not do without, a job and boss that I love, and I keep a smile on my face. I'm not ready to think about the next milestone birthday, though.

No comments: