Sunday, May 11, 2014

Josie Katie - 4.5 years old

 5 year stats:
weight 37.8 lbs
height 42 inches
 
She was such a big girl with her kindergarten shots! She took them like a champ and only shed a few tears. Josie is a person of reason, when I explained to her what happened to little children a long time ago before they had these shots, she understood and was prepared. Josie likes to be in "the know".
 
How can I sum up Josie at almost 5 years old? I could go on and on about this sweet girl. She has grown up to be a very caring, gentle soul. She always has other's feelings in mind. She is smart, inquisitive, and silly. She may seem reserved to the public, but at home she is the goofiest child. She has picked up on mine and Joey's sense of humor, and we just "get'' her.  She has a very innocent way about to her... from her questions to the way she plays. I wish this is something that would not go away. She is easy to please. Some of her favorite things to do are ride her scooter, cook out and dance (and sing) to Kenny Chesney,  go to dance, go to church, draw, go shopping, paint her nails, help Paw Paw "fix stuth" with his tools, water her flower that I pray stays alive a little while longer, swim, and play with Ryleigh.  They have a wild imagination together. She is very patient with Colbie, although I cannot deny they fight as much as they play. She loves animals and I look forward to the day I can get her a puppy (NO time soon). She says she wants to be an animal doctor or a nurse when she grows up. Her favorite color is pink. Her favorite foods are tacos (tortilla with melted cheese, really), mandarin oranges, Honey Bunches of Oats (eats EVERY morning and calls it mama's cereal),  and PBJ. She really is not a picky eater anymore. She will try anything and will eat anything we insist on her eating. She still naps about an hour daily. She gets up at about 7 and goes to bed around 8:30. She sleeps in her bed but does come visit us in the night rarely. She loves being my helper and is always down to hang out with mommy no matter how boring I may be.  She has such sweet manners and always uses please, thank you, and yes mam/sir. She takes a little while to warm up to new situations, but she has matured so much in this aspect. Her teachers say she is reserved but not shy =) She will observe before participating, and put her hands in her mouth when she is nervous. She is light on her feet and is always hopping on one foot . She is fast and can beat out any little boy on her scooter. People say she looks so much like me, and it makes me happy inside.  She is my sweetheart, and I have learned so much through her eyes.  I never knew two sisters could be so different... they both have equally rewarding qualities (but that is for another post). I love you my sweet Josie Kate... life is so sweet with you in it!

No comments: