Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Colbie turns 3!

 
Is she really three? This one slipped up on me. Colbie had a birthday on June 22nd, which was the day we came back from Point Clear. I struggled with the idea of doing the girl's birthday parties together since their birthdays are 7 days apart. I always said I would never do that. But you know what? This pregnant mama is tired. One big blow out just made more sense all around. BUT I made sure to let them have one day all to themselves to celebrate their birthday. So, basically they had an at least 2 week long birthday celebration, so it was a win win!
 
Cupcakes from Homebake is how we celebrated Colbie's big day. She made sure several times before the dinner that we were going to have "fire" on her cupcakes. She loves blowing out some candles and I love her sweet little face when she does it. Now is probably a good time to tell you that this was a work day for me and a play day for them so the girls do  are in true ragamuffin style (as they were most the summer because that was summer is for)! Fixed hair and clean faces were saved for special outings =)

 
We let her open the presents from us that night. She really is not that into opening presents. Does she like what's inside? Yes! But she doesn't have the patience for the opening part. Josie was happy to step in... she could get it done faster.


 
 
Yes, these shoes are cute but they were taken back. This child is such a pain in my behind about shoes. We have one pair she has worn all summer. It was flip flops. I learned a long time ago if she is not going to wear them, she is not going to wear them. She is not flexible. Save yourself the money and let her wear the $2 flip flops that you constantly have to "fix" because they are too stretched out.

 
Have you seen the Stretchkins commercials? My girls have been asking for these silly creatures and they happened to have them at ToysRus. They played with them a lot for about 2 days.

 
The Princess Ana earrings were her favorite She feels special with dangling earrings.

 
Josie got an early birthday present that night because I knew better than to give out just one stretchkin... plus it went along with the bribery that I mentioned in the previous post.

All About Colbie at 3 years old...
- Moter Mouth. She was a little later to talk, but now that she has figured it out, it's on. She likes saying things followed by "Right, Mommy"! Some of my favorite things she says is "showro" (shower), "stirsty" (thirsty), anything in the past was "last night" and the future is "morrow". She also really loves "zebro" cakes and her "zebro" pajamas. She is really bad about interrupting when you are trying to have an adult conversation.
- She can make you feel like the best person in the whole wide world. You are always greeted by a fast run and really tight hug that lasts a really long time. She pats you on the back when she hugs you.
- Some of her favorite foods right now are cantaloupe, nabs, graham crackers, spaghetti, tostitos pizza, popsickles, GUM, peas/beans, steak, roast, and chicken nuggets. Actually, these are the only things she eats... who am I kidding.
- We take turns with her at night with her nightly routine. We read her a book, and lay with her until she falls asleep which does not take long. She is usually asleep by 9. She comes and piles in her bed and some point in the wee hours of the morning almost every night. We call her lead foot because you can hear her little fat feet coming around that corner and she often falls but doesn't make a peep. She has about an hour nap around 1:00 every day.
- She will be going to preschool 3 days a week in the Fall from 9-12. She loves school and never fusses when she is dropped off.
- She is a very social child. She loves telling strangers her name and that she is 3. She will do anything for attention... the more eyes on her, the better.
- She is so very excited to start dance in the fall! She wears leotards and dance shoes around the house often. She likes to put on performances but is not very graceful... I have a feeling her dance teachers are going to love her =) She has also been asking lately to play soccer but I think we will wait another year on that. She basically just wants to do everything that Josie does.
- She still likes to play dress up in princess gowns. The wedding gown is her favorite and those dang heels.
-She and Josie play so good together. This summer has been when they really started to do and like the same stuff. She looks up to Josie but if definitely her own person... she is not going to be pushed around.
- She taught herself to swim this summer! I was shocked. I tried numerous times to "teach" her since I watched Josie's swim lessons but she wasn't having it. She played on the steps until I looked over there and she was swimming underwater from one side to the other. I stood in the shallow end and told her to swim to me and here she came! I was pretty impressed as it was just  few days after her 3rd birthday. We have to make her take breaks and she has swam so much she got sick to her stomach numerous times this summer.
- She loves her daddy. When I pick her up in the afternoons, when we pull in our neighborhood she wants to know if Daddy is home and if he is not, where is he. Of course she is a mama's girl, too. If I am home, she is in my lap.
-Very hard headed. Her way or the highway. You do not want to make her mad. She has a loud cry and sometimes it is just not worth it. Joey asks me sometimes why she is so impatient... and I am like hello?!? You are exactly the same way! I have a feeling they may butt heads in the future because she is her daddy's child! Josie, the sweet tender-hearted one, is mine =)
- I cannot remember exactly but I think she weighed 32 lbs at her last doctor's visit.
 
I know one thing... she has brought so much joy to our home. She is such a unique little person and everyone could use a little Colbie in their life. I just happen to think she is cute as a button. Happy Birthday Colbie Grace!!

No comments: