Friday, June 26, 2015

Puerta Vallarta, Mexico - sans kids!

Oh yes. This happened back in February... 
 
Looking at these pics is making me want to catch the first flight back to the Grand Velas in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. I am so, so glad we went though with this trip. It was planned before Liza got sick, and we thought we would not be able to go. But as the time drew closer, we had not one reason to not go indulge ourselves! And that we did!
 
Liza was only 3 months old, so I was exhausted. I think this trip saved me. The most important decision we made all week was which excursion to take. It was an all inclusive resort, so most our days consisted of waking up in our own queen size bed (we didn't plan this but it made for some awesome sleeping), ordering room service for breakfast, going to the pool and ordering mimosas, fajitas at poolside, all afternoon at the pool/beach, watch the sunset from the hop tub, showers, fancy dinner, bed by 9. Is this not any couple with young childrens' dream come true? Oh, and we spent 3 hours in the spa one day! I'll include pics of our adventurous excursion in the next post!
 
The cherry on top is that we had some of our best friends there... Aaron and April, and Brett and Jasmine. Jasmine was my personal photographer all week! It is rare that Joey and I take pictures together so I promised myself I would. So glad.
 
From our balcony...


 
Breakfast in the room


 
No words for this pool...

 
Me and Jasmine!

 
Brett and Jasmine

 
We had dinner reservations every night and the wine was flowing...




 
Joey telling about his spa experience... I won't go there




 
I do not believe I have ever seen anything more beautiful than a Puerta Vallarta sunset! 


 
Joey was feeling it


 
Oh dear Alfredo! This guy did not let our drinks run out! He wore that zinc, too! Loved this guy.
 
Mom bod.



 
 
This trip was for the books for sure. I definitely want to go back. Like right now.


No comments: