Friday, May 26, 2017

2nd Grade Awards Day for Josie

Looking like a doll face the morning of her awards!


They had awards in the gym, first. The first award she got was All A Honor roll! She told me she didn't think she was getting this award because she had a B (it was a progress report she had the B on) so she wasn't paying attention and someone told her to go up there because they called her name =) So she was pleasantly surprised!






Next was the best award in all the school in a mama's eyes! The citizenship award! Her teacher chose 2 boys and 2 girls from her class for this award. Josie, Kyla, Trey, and Sam are all precious children and I was so happy for them. I don't think Josie ever realized how special this award is. She is definitely deserving and I am so happy that both people recognize that like I do. Talking about a proud mama.


Next up was classroom awards. Mrs. Sumrall gave her the All Around All-Star award because she "is good at everything she does". That was a pretty darn good award, too. Sorry for such a braggy post. I don't think anyone follows this blog anymore... except maybe Janice and Jill... and they don't mind if I brag here and there. They get it.

Josie and the best 2nd grade teacher around. She is a jewel for sure. She recognized Josie's strengths and weaknesses right off the bat. She was mindful of Josie's nervous nature. She encouraged her when she needed it, and let her sit back and observe when she needed it. I feel like she did this with each child and that takes an awesome, organized teacher.  She kept me posted all the time. Thank you for an amazing year, Mrs. Sumrall! I asked her to sit tight because we have two in the hopper!

Peace out 2nd grade! You were fun and Josie learned so much!!

No comments: