We did it! After months of Joey and I going back and forth about getting the girls a puppy.... we bought a puppy. I love dogs.... but I knew a new puppy in our new house was not a good idea. I still have a child that is not potty trained... why would I bring a puppy into m home? Joey can wear you down though. The girls and him were chiming in my ears daily. So once I was on board, after much research, we decided that an ugly little french bulldog would be perfect for our family! We googled "inactive dogs" and they were first on the list!
We found a breeder in an area near Mize, Mississippi. We put down a deposit, got some pictures of him and got excited. It was hard to keep the secret from the girls... but we wanted to surprise them. I so happened to be having a girls night in Jackson with Jill and Jamie... the same weeks this little guy turned 6 weeks old. Jamie is always down for an adventure so she joined me on my adoption journey to pick him up on the way home.
Well, the pictures did not disappoint. This had to be the cutest pup I have ever seen in my life! Those ears!
We had a plan to surprise the girls. We drove to the school to check them out. While Joey waited in the grass with the puppy, I went inside to get them. I told them I just felt like checking them out because I was in the area. When they rounded the corner and saw Joey, they ran to him to give him a hug when they noticed the puppy. They kept asking was he ours?? Did you really get us a puppy? Thank you, thank you, thank you! It really was the sweetest thing ever. They were so excited and go grateful and I'll cherish the video forever!
We immediately went to Pet Smart to let them pick him out some goodies and they felt very special holding their new puppy.
This guy just rolls with the punches. His is down for whatever. They use him as a baby doll and that is ok. He is a very relaxed and confident dog.
We went back and forth about names. Some of the front runners were Arlo, Romeo, and Colbie had the idea of "Pam Pam' which we assume she meant Bam Bam and that is what the girls stuck with.
As a type this, he is 4 months old and is still the cutest, cockiest, chilled out pup. The potty training is better but I wouldn't call him trained. He sleeps in his crate at night and when we are gone and actually seems to love it. Daisy has even started "how howing" with him and I am glad because we needed the Queen's stamp of approval.

No comments:
Post a Comment