Tuesday, July 3, 2018

George Strait in NOLA

For my birthday back in November, Joey had a big surprise up his sleeve. He got 4 tickets to Bayou Country Superfest and invited my parents so my dad and I could see George Strait together! We have always loved King George. He took me to a concert when I was little, and I used to burn him George Strait cds for his truck. This was so special. My dad always loved George Strait saying he was the real deal, a real cowboy.

We stayed at the Hilton Riverside which is an awesome location near the riverwalk. NO was crazy busy that weekend (memorial day weekend) so it was nice to have the river to walk down to get beignets.

The first night we had the Pelican Club which is delicious!! The barbecue shrimp are a must. Joey talked about this for weeks leading up to this.

It was raining, hence the slick hair doo.




Concert night!!




All they had were the huge beer cans and by the end of the night this is what I had done to my can.























George was AWESOME! All the bands that played before him were the "new country" which is so different than him. I wondered if that would make his performance seem dull or if he wouldn't be energetic... WRONG!  He sounded just as good as he did on the radio back in the day if not better. He grinned ear to ear. He was ADORABLE. I LOVED it! And Him!! You should have heard all the ladies screaming in there! LOL

Joey outdid himself with this surprise. I was afraid I would never get to hear him sing again and now that is scratched off my bucket list. Thank you Joey, and also mama and daddy who were so sweet and out of their comfort zone but you would have never known it. I can tell they had a great time, too. Love my people!



No comments: