Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summer Birthday celebrations at school

We can't let summer birthdays go unnoticed at school and Colbie reminded me of that at least 100 times =)

She picked out everything about these cupcakes that me, her, and Duncan Hines made. She was so proud and they were actually really tasty!



She told me and Joey she was going to choose a birthday spanking instead of a birthday hug, but we knew better. Mrs. Aultman LOVES her babies and it shows!



We even had a couple 3rd graders join us!







I am never disappointed when I visit Colbie's class. The things they say, the way they look, the things that interest them... Kindergarten and 1st are the BEST!

I had an unfortunate event when I brought cupcakes to Josie's class. She worked so hard on her cupcakes. She only allowed me and her to do the icing because she wanted them to look perfect. And they did! So I am walking in the parking out in the front of school with my handy dandy cupcake holder and the BOTTOM FELL OUT OF THE CONTAINER. Blue icing everywhere. Cupcakes on top of each other. Some had no icing. Luckily, they were just all over each other and not on the pavement but Josie was going to be soooo disappointed!! There was nothing I could do about it. I made them look as best as I could and counted to ten. I told myself that Josie is going to have to learn to roll with the punches because this is real life. I got to her classroom and pulled her to the side to tell her what happened and she softly said "I can't trust you anymore" with squinted eyes (she was kinds kidding, kinda not). I confessed to the class what had happened and no one really cared.





But then they sang Happy Birthday and she reverted back to 6 year old shy Josie...


Luckily she perked back up when they started the birthday music. They danced their hearts out and it was hilarious. I admire those teachers. Wowshers.






Happy early Birthday girls... bring on the month+ celebration!!

No comments: