Saturday, June 30, 2018

Let's Go to the Movies - Dancesouth Recital 2018

Colbie looooooves dance recital day!

Josie is no longer dancing. She quit back in the fall.  She had gotten where she complained about it every week, and was even starting to dread it. I noticed at her last recital the she didn't look very comfortable on stage. So one day when she was in a good mood, we had a little talk about it. I asked her if she enjoyed it once she got there, and she said not really, that she thought it was boring. I asked her if she wanted to stop taking dance, and she asked what I wanted her to do. I had to let her off the hook when I realized she was doing it more for me than her. I always said I would never let my kids quit in the middle of something because they didn't like it, and I ate those words that day. It didn't hurt my decision that I just got the bill for costume and performance fees ($60 X 7 costumes between her and Colbie). I didn't want her to spend these precious childhood days doing something she didn't love. She is involved in other things... cheer, gym, softball.... so she still had activities. So that's that. She was so relieved. I must admit, when Colbie's costumes started rolling in she seemed a little jealous, but I reminded her all the work you have to out in during the year to get to recital time. And I have two very different little girls (well, 3, really), and they do not have to all do the same thing!

But back to my Colbie and her dance recital! 

These are from picture day





Had to race home to change for softball and off she went...



And while we are on the subject... Liza tried out my old dance costume

She loved Hip Hop so much! I think hip hop was the turning point where she loved dance. And I must admit, she was pretty darn good at it!

Storm Trooper... cutest routine ever!






We weren't supposed to take pictures during the recital, but I did sneak just a few, although they aren't that great! I love this picture because she was looking kinda embarrassed but really adorable at the same time. So Colbie!











We were thankful for Deedy, Pa, and Sissy who drove all he way up just to see her dance!




RJ and Janice are always huge supporters!




I know I have mama eyes... but she really does do so good at dance. You can tell she loves it up there! She grinned from ear to ear for days after her recital saying she wanted to do it again. All the flowers, all the costumes, all the attention... she was right in her element. We even thought about trying out for company, but when I gave her the choice of doing that but stopping some other activities, she wasn't ready for that.

We were the first sign up for rec classes for next year, though! I hope she loves it as much as she did this year.


Ryleigh has really, really, really flourished in her dancing the past couple of years. It gives me chills or makes me tear up every time I get to watch her! She has so much talent and heart in her dance, and it makes me so proud! She has worked so hard, and boy has it paid off. She nailed it all at her recital, of course!


No comments: