Saturday, June 23, 2018

A Liza and Mommy Date

This school year has been the first time since having kids that I get a few hours to myself. I worked full time when Josie and Colbie were preschoolers. Now I am off on Thursdays and Fridays, and Liza goes to school Tues-Thurs from 9-12 (and 1 on Thursdays).  I cannot tell you the pressure I feel trying to decide what to do for those 4 hours. It is such a big decision. Do I run errands without a child in tow? Do I do laundry? Do I blog? Do I go to the elementary school to do something for Josie or Colbie's class? Do I heaven forbid, do something for myself?? I am not complaining... it is a wonderful feeling but I put much thought into what to do =) I usually end up running errands like groceries because that feels kind of like going to Disneyworld when you don't have a child with you.

Anyway, back to the post. On Fridays, it is just me and Liza. Every now and then, I reminded myself that it's ok to to go do something fun and enjoy my baby. I am going to blink and she will be in 4th grade like her big sister. As the weather started warming up, we decided it was a good time for a visit to the zoo. We took our time and talked long and hard about every animal. We were at Liza's pace and it was a GOOD DAY. For now, she is not taller than a Tiger and I cherish these preschool days with all of my being.













Joey and I had the discussion about next school year, 3K, and if we should send her 5 days a week instead of 3. We feel like school has been so good for her and she has learned so much. Well, there wasn't much thinking on my part because when she is in 4k she will have to go 5 days... and I want to keep her all to myself as long as I can.  So she will do the same next year, and I will have another year of Fridays with my girl.

No comments: