Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Day 5 - Norman Island and some awesome snorkeling

Day 5 was probably my second favorite day. This spot behind us was the coolest snorkel I have ever done. These rocks were in the middle of nowhere, and you could swim all around. On the other side, they curved around to create what looked like an aquarium. There was such beautiful, colorful coral here as well as fish. I could have stayed here for hours.





That's a little me!!


We anchored down at Normal Island that afternoon. I didn't paddle board but Emily did!







Our stewardess/bartender/first mate/ yoga and mediation instructor, thong wearer, Anastasia, offered to take us on a short hike on Normal Island. She said there is a heli pad up top and it is a beautiful sunset so off we went. If Joey is around, there will be a competition of some sort. So these boys raced like 9 year old boys up the path. 


Out of order smoochy pic...



And it was quite a view up top!





Probably the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen... So glad we didn't skip this.


Someone asked Anastasia if she ever did yoga or meditation up at the heli pad. She said yes, and offered to do a quick session with us. We were all up for the challenge, surprisingly. It was actually very relaxing (even though I couldn't find the white ball at my third eye) until a very noisy drone creeped up there and was spying on us. It was so loud and random and it gave me the giggles and I was trying to be serious because she takes meditation very serious. I finally bursted out laughing and she gets all bent out of shape because it was her boyfriend/our chef which made it even funnier. So that happened and then at the very end she asked us to close (sitting Indian style) with a "HUMMMMM" and Brett let out the loudest most awkward hum I have ever heard. Didn't see that coming.

Good times. Won't ever forget it.

We slept there, and this was my view the next morning for my morning coffee.





No comments: