Today, we braved church for the first time since Josie was born. I know, I know, we are heathens. Josie usually does fine when we take her out... it is us that gets all panicky and nervous about it! So we planned on going all week. Since we got in late last night and she did not get a bath, I washed the peaches out of her hair this morning and put on her Sunday's best. She was so pretty and she knew it. We left the house at 10:00 on the dot as planned, and headed to church. We heard some pretty heavy grunting going on in the back seat, and knew what was taking place. No big deal, I could change her as soon as we get there! So we get her out of the car seat, and she is all smiles even though she smells like a public restroom. I go to grab the diaper bag out of the back seat... and GUESS WHAT. No diaper bag. I checked the front seat, no diaper bag. That is when Joey clamied that this was a "Sh** Show" right there in the church parking lot. Shame on him... but it really was, literally. But after all of this planning and anticipation, we were going to church, poopful or poopless. So we marched into the church with the green fumes traling behind us. I promised Joey that we would leave as soon as someone acted like they smelled us. Nobody seemed to notice... besides us of course. And Josie did not seem to mind, either. She was an angel. We made it through the message, and decided it was time to go home. It is something we will look back and laugh at. You have to start somewhere! At least we got the first time out of the way!
Sitting like a big girl in the pew

Playing when we got home with a goofy face
Notice the cotton coming out of her ear? Poor baby.
Serious baby!
5 comments:
Hilarious!!!! Wish I could have been there.
That is hysterical! Josie looks precious in her Sunday dress. We attempted church today too. Made it all the way to the parking lot only to discover there was no early church today.
That is hysterical!!!! We haven't been to church either. I am so scared Maggie will cry and everyone will look at me!!
So Funny. She sure was cute despite the smell and the green cloud.
Hi Joey and Katie: DeDe just loves this story and I hopped on your blog to read it. Absolutely hilarious! Josie is the most precious baby and so photogenic and adorable. I know the two of you are enjoying her and loving every minute of being her mommy and daddy...She is truly a blessing for the whole family.
Post a Comment